I can't think of a guesthouse or B&B I've stayed at that was this hands-off. I might never have even seen the proprietors at all if I had not happened randomly upon them. (Apparently, they are readily available by phone if you need them though.) You arrive with the access code, there's your name and key in a small brown envelope on the corkboard with your room number. My room (#6) bed with the shared bath was up some stairs, so might not work for the physically infirm or those who need their own bathroom. I slept well and found the establishment well-maintained. Combine with this great location and price and I was perfectly happy. 5 examples why it's a great location:
1. World Cup Coffee and Tea is on nearby Glisan & 18th for those of use who need a stronger cup of coffee to get us going in the morning,
2. #77 bus gets you downtown
3. You could alternatively walk downtown in about 15-25 minutes depending upon where you're going; the fun energy of the Pearl District is a 10 minute walk.
4. You can walk for about 15-20 minutes in the other direction and get to Washington Park, with its famed International Rose Test Garden and Japanese Garden.
5. There's a hubbub of activity (and "hipsters") on 21st Street and Glisan Streets within a block or so of the guesthouse.More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included