Hampton Inn Portland East
US$216
US$196
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$177
US$262
US$232
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$259
US$231
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskthe columbia river gorgemultnomah fallsbreakfast staffhot itemsquiet locationcomplimentary breakfasteasy accesswould stay againpool and hot tuboatmealup to datebeds were very comfortableexercise roomgreat place to staynice stayhotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The pros: friendly staff, good breakfast and amenities, good value that exceeds Hampton Inn.

My only negative was the poor window insulation which resulted in road noise all night. The hotel is on a main road so I would ask management to upgrade the windows. In the meantime, get a room facing the back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LAFRMIL
Leslie K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our property. I am happy that you enjoyed staying with us. We are starting a remodel later this year that will be addressing the windows and air conditioners on the front side of the building as part of that project. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I arrived well after midnight and departed before noon checkout. I was not welcomed by the front desk person as she made me wait outside the locked doors until she checked for availability. I then was asked to pay full price for a room which I did not even stay in for 8 hours, nor had enough electrical outlets to power my work devices. The furniture was not in good condition..with nicks on the end tables and a broken air conditioner control doors. Thankfully, Julie who was working at the front desk when I departed...was delightful and actually put a smile on my face ! I am not difficult to please...it truly does not take much -- just a value for my hard earned dollar! I did not feel I got a return on my investment at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Angela F

Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of the furniture and A/C controls in your guest suite. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you want to find a hotel where everyone is proud to do their job and performs with style, with flair and with poise, than The Hampton Inn will fit the bill nicely. Great rooms, fantastic reception team, perfect location, what else could you ask for.

This location is magical and every detail is cared for and each team member performs to a tee. As with everything, there is room for growth, there is just a little observation to add. Room 117, where we stayed is opposite the workout room, I was aware of that and okay with that. The one observation is, the television needs to be turned down a little for the morning enthusiasts who like that distraction as they work out. Even a sign reminding those who go to work out, to keep the volume down, would be magical.

Beyond this small fact, there is nothing to fault. I only pray that the team keeps finding ways to improve and offer this to each and every guests smart enough to stay there.

Room Tip: Choose any other room except Room 117. To close to the workout facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Leslie K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love getting feedback from our guests about their experience while staying with us. I will pass along your comments to the rest of the staff and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very friendly staff here and kept me informed of when my room would be available as I had arrived early (before 11 am).

Room was very clean and comfortable per the typical Hampton standard. AC was very quiet for a wall mounted unit, no noisy cycling issues.

Exterior noise was non-existent in my 2nd floor room, although foot traffic could be heard occasionally from the floor above.

Breakfast was well stocked with the usual fare: cereal, breads, muffins, yoghurt and plenty of fresh fruit. A personal favorite, sausage patty, was in the warmer so a few of them were scoffed down quite enjoyably.

Very convenient to the freeway, local restaurants and McMeramins Edgefield concert venue. Many restaurants are very close within half a mile, check any map, difficult to see how another reviewer didn't see these opportunities. Francis Xavier family restaurant is within walking distance.

My rate was higher than normal, possibly due to the summer tourist traffic.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to the top floor for a noise free experience.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the staff. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We normally love Hamptons and never hesitate to book one. This was a disappointing one, though. The basics were still there - room was clean, decor seemed fine, exercise room was fine. Atmosphere just wasn't the same - front desk staff wasn't particularly helpful and there are no dining options nearby. They had barbecue and veggies out for a light dinner if you wanted it. It was near a military airfield, and we heard planes in the early morning hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank nhplanner

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for you stay at our property. I am sorry that the front desk did not point out that dining options are a few blocks away on the other side of the freeway. We do offer an evening snack Monday thru Thursday as well. We are located near an international airport and sometimes the military does land there. I apologize that it disrupted your stay with us. We do hope that you will stay with us in the future and thank you for your feedback. I will pass along your comments to the rest of the staff so that we can improve our service.