“great room, location and price”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Price for park n fly best for over 7 days, love the location and updated room (tv and wireless), quick shuttle to PDX. Rooms are excellent and plenty of restaurants nearby or downtown, have always have enjoyed the Hampton for park n fly. Check them out!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We surprised our kids w/ a trip to Disneyland this Christmas and the Hampton was our first stop before we flew to CA. This is not our first stay and we will continue to come back to this hotel because we love Hampton's and because the staff went above the call of duty to be helpful, especially the red headed gal whose name I forgot. We parked our car there while we were gone for a small fee more and we knew it was safe and didn't have to go to a Park & Ride.
Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: On one side you can see the planes land and take off, if you are interested be sure to ask. The nois...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Great place to stay pre or post vacation for airport travel. I appreciated the reasonable price for their park & fly rate (up to 14 nights...perfect for our trip!) and the ability to do a reverse park & fly. The room was comfortable with a nice selection for breakfast and their front desk staff was helpful & friendly. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2012

If your business meeting is at or near the airport this is a good choice. All the typical amenities and services you'd expect at this brand. Nice folks at the front desk. Rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and clean. There is an opportunity to run in relative safety along the frontage road.

Room Tip: Try and get a room toward the front of the property as this will be furthest from the runway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was expecting an airport hotel to be extremely noisy, but it was not. The room was also clean and quiet. They provide a 24-hour shuttle service which was very convenient. There was even coffee and a to-go breakfast available at 3:30 a.m. That's service in my opinion!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

As a loyal HHonors member, I always seek out Hampton Inns whenever possible. This location is right by the airport, making it convenient for late night arrivals and early morning departures. In fact, the hotel even has an airport video display of flight times - so convenient!
I did not have any issues with the sound from the airport - but for those who are light sleepers, the hotel provides ear plugs.
The location is also convenient to many eateries and shopping.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, and the price quite reasonable.
For my next trip to the area, I won't need to look for another hotel - I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I travel a lot for business, and stayed at the Hampton Inn Portland Airport in October 2012. I wasn't impressed, but the hotel filled my travel needs for this particular trip just fine. The runway for the airport is quite close, and they leave earplugs in the room in case you are a light sleeper. That's not a problem for me, but it would be for many. The FA-18's from the nearby airbase roared by several times while I was working, and if they had taken off during the night I'm sure I would have been awakened. There are other Hilton chain properties just a little farther away that probably would have been a little better choice, but this worked fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business