“convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and it is a convenient place to stay if one gets into Portland late. It has a shuttle 24 hours each day. The price during the week is expensive for a Hampton. It is clean, and the employees are very nice.

Room Tip: It is best to keep the fan on because planes can be heard.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Tacoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at The Hampton and would love to stay agin but I did not feel like it was worth the cost. I was expecting a little more class from the accomedations for the price. I found a crack in the wall from the sprinkler system renovation and was disappointed to not find a min-fridge in the room to keep some snacks or drinks cold for late at night. I had to fill the sink with ice to keep a bottle of juice cold.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Hampton Inn Portland Airport using the Park 'N Fly Package when we travel abroad. The location and shuttle service are excellent; and we have always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. We last stayed in May on our way to Finland. Before going to bed, I put my watch, my pedometer, my earrings, etc. on a tissue on the nightstand. During the night I grabbed my watch to check the time and inadvertently pulled the tissue and everything else off the nightstand and onto the floor. I thought I had retrieved everything from the floor . . . until I was in Helsinki and realized I did not have my pedometer. I immediately realized I had not retrieved it from the floor and called the Hampton Inn to see if it had been found by Housekeeping. Reception checked and found no pedometer in the Lost and Found. So, I described the tiny black thing and asked that housekeeping look for it on the floor by the nightstand in our room. It would be very easy to overlook due to its size and color. I asked that, if found, they keep it for me until my return in three weeks. I despaired that my pedometer was gone for good. However, three weeks later, with hope in my heart, I inquired at the desk after retrieving our car. The person on duty at the desk looked in several different places for my pedometer . . . and, finally, did find it with a note on it with my name. How nice! It took a team of honest, service-oriented people to take my message of loss, look for the pedometer, find it and turn it in to Reception, store it, and then retrieve it for me. Anywhere along the line, someone could have chosen not to care or not to be bothered or not to be honest, and the pedometer might have been lost to me forever. What a precious gift to have the excellent service I received from the Hampton Inn Portland Airport staff! My husband and I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was a great choice given its proximity to the airport (flight next morning). The room was spacious, clean, exremely comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic --- waffles, fresh eggs, fruit, fruit juices, bagels, just about anything you would find in a full service restaurant --- and includied in the price of your room. Aircraft could be noisy if your room is on the "runway side."

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the street side rather than the airport side if you are bothered by aircraft no...
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

A one night stay prior to an early morning flight proved very satisfactory. Staff were helpful, room was spacious and clean, and airport shuttle was efficient. With no on-site restaurant, apart from the free breakfast, we walked over to the Sheraton next door for an excellent dinner. On the advice of the front desk staff we showed our Hampton room key and were given a small discount. This hotel is very close to the Alamo car rental site, and close to the airport.

1 Thank Yogaphile
milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

a bit noisy when large jets take off but good service and room was nice. extra large screen tv. great free breakfast. outside pool got cool at night not that nice they should enclose. stay here for easy shuttle to airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Troy K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were very happy with our stay at this Hampton Inn. They provided an airport shuttle so we could drop off our rental car the night before our flight. They sent a van to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Next morning at "O" dark thirty....they again had their van take us to meet our flight. Since we had to leave before breakfast, they provided a bag breakfast which was excellent. The room was very clean, bath very clean and the bed....well, I didn't want to get out of it! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay at the back of the hotel, the view is run ways. Thought this would be cool to watch pla...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family