“Great Staff, Clean Facilities”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #37 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Shanghai, China
“Great Staff, Clean Facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport on a recent family vacation/reunion. We had lots of people arriving on different dates/times so easy access to both the airport and the Trimet was very important. Absolutely perfect: hotel shuttle was so helpful in getting to and from both the airport and the Trimet stop. So easy (and inexpensive!) to get downtown on Trimet from hotel. (about 40 minutes). Given all the different reservations and family needs (1 am arrivals, in-room fridge for medication, zillion questions about getting around, etc.) hotel staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. I especially appreciated the complimentary earplugs in the rooms! Everything was very clean and the morning breakfast certainly prepared us well for our daily adventures. This is a clean, comfortable hotel that met our basic sleeping and logistical needs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great hotel that is very clean and staff is very friendly. The hotel breakfast was very good and the girls that worked it were proficient. Not once did anything run out and they kept the breakfast area very clean.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very nice, quiet and clean hotel. Hotel backs up to runway, but had no problems with noise at any time. Staff very nice, had a nice breakfast and the airport shuttle was very quick.
Woke up and looked out my window, Mt. Hood was right there!!

No complaints here!

Room Tip: Request a room facing Mt. Hood
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We enjoyed our recent overnight stay at this hotel. Every hotel employee that we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room was on the airport runway side which I had requested. There was very little noise and our sleeping was not disturbed at all. The complimentary breakfast was very convenient.

Madras, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at the Portland Airport for a "Reverse Park & Fly." We parked our car at the beginning of the trip, and stayed in the hotel at the end of the trip. This was an excellent value and was helpful to have a good night's sleep after a long day of travel, getting in after midnight, and before we had to drive home. We were gone for 2 weeks (many hotels limit you to 7-10 days for a park & fly, so this was a plus for us). We did not notice any noise from the airport, which was a surprise for staying so close to the runway. The hotel must be insulated quite well.

The staff was friendly, the room clean, and they served an excellent hot breakfast with plenty of variety from which to choose. We appreciated the fact that it was a real breakfast, not just cheap pastries as most hotels do.

This was an excellent experience and a great value. It will now be our preferred place to stay when we need a park & fly on future trips.

Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This stay was one of the best I have had at a Hampton Inn. While my overall experience with Hampton Inn's has been pleasant in the past, this hotel went above those others. My room was great. Staff was extremely nice and courteous. The house keeping staff was the difference for me. When I came into my room after the first night I found a shirt that I had left on the bed hung up so it would not be wrinkled. In the bathroom my toiletry items had been neatly arranged on a towel. On the last night I would have run out of tooth paste and if not for the 2 pouches that were left by housekeeping that I had not even asked for. These little things mean a lot to a person that travels quite a bit. If I am ever back in Portland I will stay in this hotel. I really hope you share this review with the staff as they have made me a customer for life. Oh I almost forgot to mention that they left ear plugs in case the airport noise was an issue(which it was not. I did not use them and no issues with plane noise).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

this hotel was above average for the Hampton chain, and i had a great experience here. very clean, neat, and comfortable hotel. the staff was beyond friendly and extremely helpful when i asked for a few recommendations for dinner. the only negative was the noise, but you're staying right next to the airport, so that was expected. very positive experience for me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business