“Convenient to the airport, but not much else”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #37 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient to the airport, but not much else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is nearly adjacent to PDX, but is in an area that really doesn't have a lot of services. I found the staff attentive and the amenities of the hotel just fine for a Hampton, but I would not recommend staying here unless your only goal is being close to the airport. There are few restaurants in the area and it is quite a haul to other areas in Portland. I did appreciate that, although they did not have a hotel restaurant, the hotel offers a discount on meals at the Sheraton next door which does have a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Salem OR, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff was awesome, shuttle service was excellent....great job! Everyone was very helpful, rooms were clean and airy. I like your park and ride service. I will definitely stay again as well as put guest up here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

santa fe nm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The bed / mattress is consistently comfortable. The rooms are always very clean; and Hampton always serves always good breakfasts. We can count on Hampton Inn's quality. And the snack store has a wonderful variety of items.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

When I saw ear plugs in my room, I thought it was to block out the sound of airplanes. I quickly discovered a better use was to block out the sound of the other guests. Room doors are very heavy and lead to loud slams. Walls are so thin you can hair dryers, tv and conversations.

Around midnight a family checked in and thought it would be appropriate to play in the hallway and yell at each other. Even if they were whispering I would be able to hear them, but their volume would have been an issue even if they had normal walls. I called the front desk to ask if they would say something to them and you would have thought I was asking her to give me her first born. Still disturbed on her reaction and rudeness. I was not asked how my stay was when I checked out.

I am a frequent Hampton Inn customer, but won't ever return to this location. Next time I will try Embassy Suites across the street.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LoveFunTravels
Eugene, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed over night at the Hampton Inn before a morning flight. It was pretty typical of a Hampton Inn but I had a couple issue.
The first thing I noticed was the lumpiest comforter I've ever seen. It looked like some one washed something that should not be washed. Throw it out, it's time.
Second problem was the blow dryer worked for exactly 30 seconds before it overheated and shut off. I had to leave the hotel with wet hair because I didn't allow time for mishap with the blow dryer. It looked pretty old.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This property was clean and the staff was friendly. I was not satisfied for the price I paid for an average hotel. I am not complaining about this property or staff however when you talk about location and bang for your buck I definitely expect more. Furthermore if you opt to take the shuttle and do not have a car, you are stuck with what you have in your suitcase and the closest pizza delivery joint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Alexandra Headland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Close to airport in what felt like a decent enough location. We felt safe leaving our rental car parked there. Staff were super friendly and accommodating, checking us in well before the set time. Breakfast was great and they had free cookies available all day :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple