“Family and Friends stay”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Enjoyed the services, room was cleaned lobby eating area the service was GREAT...(Raquel very personally)

• Stayed: February 2011
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Dear 00000021711,

Thanks for the compliments! I certainly appreciate you staying with us and for you taking the time to spread the word of our property. I'm very proud of the staff, the newly revitalized lobby and the entire property. Your special mention of Racquel, our always smiling, Breakfast Hostess is wonderful. She truly does a great job. I sure hope we will see you again when your travels bring you to Portland.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Portland-Airport

Reviewed 30 January 2011

My friends and I always stay at the Hampton when we are flying out of Portland. The location is great and the staff are always very courteous, helpful and cheerful regardless of the time we arrive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Transportation provided free of charge to and from the airport is readily available. They also provide a "brown bag" breakfast for guests flying early in the morning. They also provide a very nice expanded continental breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2011

Dear Cindy1944,

I appreciate your loyalty to our property and the great comments. It's always great to hear happy guests share their experience with others. I'm very proud of our Team and property. I hope we will get the opportunity to meet when you visit us again. If I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

The staff was very courteous, the rooms very clean. As close to the airport as possible (less than a half mile). The breakfast fare put out for the guests (starting 6 am) was delicious. The lodge and fly is a deal hard to beat, parking alone was equal to the lodge and fly. The shuttle was very timely and we will definitely stay their again. Kudos to the staff that runs the Hampton Inn Portland Airport!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2011

Dear RNCody,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Your comments regarding our breakfast, staff and Stay N Fly are great to hear. We're pleased to have our newly renovated lobby and rooms in place now and are looking forward to a great 2011. I hope to meet you on your next visit. Stop by the desk and say hello.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

As a Hilton Honors Gold Member I have stayed in way too many Hampton Inns. I never stayed in one where the staff was more engaging and helpful.
The Hamptons on the east coast should try smiling and making more than casual eye contact like these folks. This is really fun!

The staff here deserve a big party with Paris H.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Dear FirestoneIndy,

Wow! Thanks for the kudos! I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and other Tripadvisor users. I also really appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand and the Hilton Family of Hotels. I hope we will see you again soon. Next time you're in, take a moment to introduce yourself. I'd like to meet you. By the way, if we end up having a party with Paris Hilton invited, I'll be sure to invite you.

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 January 2011

What a great way to start a holiday in the USA. The staff at midnight were so friendly and helpful. Then after a fantastic nights sleep I went down stairs for breakfast and was again greeted with smiling and friendly people. My Check out was fast and accurate and all my questions were answered in a friendly manner. The staff were very helpful with any request I had. I will definately be starting my next trip (in Sept) with my first night staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Dear RogueAmbassador,

Thanks for such great comments regarding our staff and property. Your comments are a great testament to what we are working hard to do everyday. Provide great, welcoming service to our guests. I'm pleased it worked so well for you prior to starting a vacation and look forward to seeing you again in September. Stop by and introduce yourself when you're back.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 January 2011

We want to Thank you for the wonderful stay and service we recieved when we stayed with you. You are Tops in Our Book. Everyone of the service persons were as kind and caring , that means alot when you traveling Thank You
Sincerely Mrs Gulliford

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Dear Lavonne44,

Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff and property. I'm so pleased your experience was a great one. We strive to make sure every guest truly feels like "we love having you here". I'm so happy we made you feel this way during your recent visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2010

Each & everyone of the staff was fantastic. One of friendliest I've encountered!
I reserved a Handicapped Accessible room for Grandpa & asked that our room be close. Big Flat panel TV too. The rooms were clean & well lit.
The continental breakfast was delicious - fruits, cereals, taters, eggs, bisquits w gravy & the staff there was super cheerful! Airport shuttle available 24/7 & no long waits.
There was only ONE thing I didn't like. It's a personnal thing - I don't like the water from the shower going out onto the floors. The shower curtain isn't wide enough. Even w the magnets on both ends - it took quite a while to arrange the curtain so water wouldn't splash out. A slight pull would throw off the opposite side. Most people may not care or notice this so it wouldn't make a difference to them.
We stayed 2 seperate nights - the 1st when we arrived @ midnight. The 2nd night was for our return flight home.
I told Austi I'd write this review because even before our stay - the assistance I got from the hotel was great.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2010

Dear Shoppergirl616,

Thanks for the great review of our property! It's great to hear our property was such a good match for your travel needs while in Portland. I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again soon. Also, I wanted to let you know, we are freshening up our lobby with a whole new Hampton look. Be sure to come back soon to check it out. We should be finished by the first week of January.