“Another successful hen party!”

Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Three generations of women in our family arrived at the Oxford Suites on Thanksgiving Day to a new suite (called a 'premium' suite) and a lovely turkey dinner (including pumpkin pie) for $6! We started with the evening reception (included in your room price) that consisted of soup & salad then purchased our turkey dinners! It was delicious! Our 'premium' suite had a king bed and sofa bed, toilet & walk-in shower in the bathroom PLUS a soaker tub in the main room! There was lots of room for our purchased wares, which we really appreciated as we were there for "Black Friday" shopping! The morning buffet breakfast improvements (menu board and larger selections of hot items) and helpful pleasant staff were simply an added bonus. We'll be back next year (for our 6th annual) three generational hen party! Thanks Oxford Suites!

Room Tip: Premium suites are very large and seem to be on top floor. Back corner suite was great for no outsid...
1  Thank another_mother
Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I stayed there in November of 2011 during our daughter's xc event. The hotel is nice inside. The lobby was pretty and pleasant. The check in process was quick and easy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a voucher for evening snacks and drinks when we checked in. My husband had a complimentary glass of beer in the lounge before we went out to dinner. There were also vouchers for breakfast...where you can get eggs cooked in front of you...they were pretty plain though, just eggs, no omelette fixins, but was ok, along with having sausage, pancakes and other breakfast fare. We had a non-smoking king bed room on the 4th floor and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. Upon entering the room, the toilet and shower are to the right with the sink area separate directly across from the bathroom. Just past this area was our king bed, which was actually pretty comfy to sleep in, although it is a bit on the harder side and I prefer a softer pillow top bed. There is a cubby at the wall across the foot of the bed that holds the TV and some drawers. My favorite thing about the room was that immediately past the bed is a sitting area that can be closed off by a sliding room separator or left open. This separate
area contained a couch that pulls out into a bed, and its own TV. The room was very comfortable and clean. There were no loud disruptions to our sleep. Another nice thing was the hotel is across the street from a gas station, coffee hut, and fast food place (i cant remember if it was a wendys, taco bell or burger king??) We didnt eat there because we drove across the bridge and ate dinner at the Joes crab shack just a few miles away and with in 5-10 min driving. It was a great location for us because the next morning we went to watch my daughter in the cross country Nationals event at Fort Vancouver which was just across the bridge and a short drive away...maybe 10 min? I would highly recommend this hotel and we plan on staying there again next time we go to Nationals next year :)

2  Thank hulagirlbella
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at the Oxford Suites on Nov 04 and Nov 05, 2011. Overall, I found the desk attendants to be very helpful. They seemed enthusiastic to help me, and one (a young lady with long blonde hair) even recognized me from almost a year ago, and we had a pleasant chat (this recognition made me feel like a very special customer of the hotel!!).

Also I found the room attendants to be of excellent caliber. One always had a smile for me, and the two that cleaned my room allowed me to get organized, and ensured me that they would not touch any of my roomate's belongings. I found this very respectful and professional.

Also, I enjoyed the business center very much as it allowed me to spend quite a while during sleepless times emailing my friends and family who I missed while on the trip. Even the other guests were friendly to me.

Your continental breakfast blew any other one I've ever had off the map! Wow! What a huge selection of food in ample portions!

Lastly, but certainly not least by any means, my friends and I from church (we are Sabbath-keepers -- don't work between Friday sundown and Saturday sundown) were allowed to use your dining hall for our daily meal. This was a wonderful experience.

I will definitely consider Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach for my future vacations to Portland (business or pleasure), and will recommend you to my friends, family and business associates.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee M
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We were on an extended stay and can't say enough good things about the Oxford Suites in Jantzen Beach. The staff were all friendly and extremely helpful in everything. We were so impressed with the genuine helpfulness of all staff members; they always went out of their way to answer questions, make phone calls, get information, or whatever was necessary.

The rooms were spacious, clean and cozy, the beds very comfortable although the pillows were a bit firm ... softer pillows would be a recommendation. I did however like the fact that they had lots of pillows on the bed. Our room had an extra sofa which also opened into a bed, a table with two chairs, a fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and hairdryer.

Breakfast buffet was included in room price, available every morning and it was great. A cook makes your eggs to order and there was sausage, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, juice, cereals, and coffee. Although the breakfast was always terrific, the coffee does leave a lot to be desired. I always went out later for a decent cup of coffee.

Every evening from 5:30 to 9:30 they have Evening Reception in the dining area where they serve hot food, usually appetizers of some kind, along with tossed salad, veggies, and chips. The hot food varied each evening: chicken wings, meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy, chili, pasta with marinara sauce were a few offerings. We looked forward to this each evening and it was so plentiful that we never actually went out to eat dinner, so that was great. In addition, each guest gets two drinks each in the bar: beer, wine, or soda.

A really nice touch are the fresh cookies on a platter every afternoon at the front reception desk. Guests are able to help themselves to chocolate chip, raisin, and peanut butter cookies and they were delicious!

The location of the Oxford Suites is great for access to both Portland and Vancouver. In addition, there are restaurants and stores for shopping nearby, including a McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Target and Ross. Driving time to Portland Int'l Airport is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

I would highly recommend the Oxford Suites to anyone planning a stay in the Portland/Vancouver area. You won't find a more comfortable hotel with friendlier staff anywhere for the price. The next time I'm in the area, this is definitely where I'm staying.
Thank you Karma, Lori and everyone for making our stay so pleasant!

4  Thank penz1952
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Room was clean and spacious well lit up with nice room amanities . The morning breakfast had a varity of food

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Zimnic
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We'd stayed at other Oxford Inns and Suites; however this was the best one yet. Very friendly and informative front desk staff made visiting the area easy, especially using the hotel shuttle and train to downtown. The room was perfect; clean, tidy and a comfortable king bed. The evening receptions were excellent, as were the breakfasts; all included in the cost of the room.

We will definitely stay here again; well done Oxford Suites.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Two queen room with a fold out sofa was big enough for three. Comfortable beds, pillows a little firm for me. Great work out facility with Sauna, steam room and pool with spa. Try to avoid rooms 229 to 235, you are at roof level of pool with AC and fans out the window. Breakfast was good and made to order on the eggs. Coffee is marginal but there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher would get a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business