“Nice and inexpensive...”

Ranked #23 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Portland, Oregon
“Nice and inexpensive...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was at conference at the Red Lion next door and had to stay at the Oxford Suites since the Red Lion was full. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice the rooms were considering the low price! Refrigerator, microwave and couch in the room. They even include a hot breakfast made to order and a wine reception in the evening Free of charge! Definitelya good deal! They even had a pool, exercise room, business center and laudry facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room was well appointed and the beds were comfortable. Everything was very clean, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. They gave me a cookie at check in. The breakfast was made-to-order eggs which you have to stand in line for. The coffee was good, but breakfast was cafeteria style and pretty low-brow. It was free though, and that was great. They give you coupons for free drinks at night. There was a pool, hot-tub, and gym that I didn't use, but they looked very nice. All in all it was a very pleasant experience. They had me at, "have a cookie."

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We booked the Oxford Suites for 3 reasons. It was near an event we were attending, we loved our stay at the one in Chico, Calif. and we got a great price from Expedia. But, after staying at this one in Jantzen Beach (Ore) there are LOTS of reasons we will go back!!!! Every single employee, from the front desk to the shuttle driver (which dropped us off and picked us up for our event) were so nice and pleasant. They were at full capacity, yet made each guest feel important. They had an all you can eat salad and soup bar that evening plus two free drinks, per guest (soda, beer or wine) or a guest could order from the menu (extra $$) if they wished. Breakfast and parking were also included in the price. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. I hope I get the opportunity to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed here with our 4 kids….you read that right…FOUR kids! So staying somewhere that offered a free breakfast was huge. We stayed in the king suite with the one bedroom. It was clean, and comfortable. The room was big enough for me and the hubby, and then a crib, and our two girls….but our oldest roomed in with his grandparents. The hotel was full when we were there, but quiet. Having the ability to enter the hotel from the rear saved us from dragging ALL of our luggage and children through the hotel, which is much appreciated. The beds were comfortable, and I liked the pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower. It was very convenient…I didn't even break out my own stuff :) The next morning we woke up and went to the breakfast area. We managed to snag a table large enough for our whole traveling family (14 of us), and proceeded to eat our body weight in eggs, and fruit as we had a long day of travel ahead of us. Check out was a cinch, and they even gave us exact directions to the airport. We will most definitely be back to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite thinking it would have more room, but after visiting my parents 2 queen...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Woodinville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Needed something in Portland area but didn't want to spend $160+ to stay downtown, found this on trip advisor. Our rate was under $100 and it included evening happy our drinks and a cooked to order breakfast in their bistro. The bistro also serves dinner, which was flavorful and a good value. The rooms were quite nicely done and the beds very comfortable. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stopped here for an overnight on the way from Northern California to Seattle. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. However, the breakfast cook (the breakfast itself was excellent btw) was very rude and not kind at all. He intimidated the kids (ages 10 and 7) a little with his attitude and how he was snapping at people. The room was clean and comfortable and the pool area was nice. Other than the cook with an attitude problem the hotel was very nice and I would repeat staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I selected this hotel by the reviews and rank on trip advisor and when I called to reserve a room I was suprised that the rate was very affordable then I was kind of worried. I told myself that just as long as it was clean that I can live with staying 1 night so I prepared myself for some challenges. I arrived at the hotel and the exterior looked nice as well as the lobby I was relieved a bit. Everyone at the front desk was very nice upon check in they offered cookies that were delicious. Went up to the room and it was clean and spacious.. beds were comfortable. I told myself wow for this price I'm so surprised that they can offer such a clean and nice room and not to mention all the extra amenities breakfast I mean pancakes, sausage, eggs, potatoes, cereal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, coffee etc. and the evening reception that offers soup and salad as well as alcoholic drinks for the adults (of course), indoor pool, sauna, free parking, wifi, fitness center, business center and a great location all in included in the price of your room which again is very affordable. I am very pleased with this hotel and this will be the place I stay when I return to Portland, Oregon.

• Stayed April 2012