“Very Impressed!”

Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Tacoma, Washington
“Very Impressed!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This was my first time staying at an Oxford Suites and with the amount of business travel I do and with how impressed I was with my stay, it won't be my last!

They have a wonderful, warm and helpful front desk staff, and my room was beautiful, spacious, spotless, and well-appointed. They have one of the best complimentary hot breakfast buffets I've had with a hotel stay... complete with made-to-order eggs! If you haven't stayed here before and want a beautiful room at a great price, do yourself a favor and book a room today.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 445 and it was quiet, super clean, and had a jetted tub which was a nice surprise...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank denise376

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
comox valley, bc
Reviewed 29 January 2013

our first time visiting Portland and we decided to give this hotel a try. All of the staff are super friendly, the room was nice and clean. A really nice breakfast in the morning gets your day started with a smile on your face and giving everyone 2 free drinks, soup, cheese, crackers, etc every evening is the icing on the cake! Seriously, who gives away free wine and beer? Oh, and they drove us to the MET station and picked us up later that night too! oh, and did I mention the free use of computers? We would def. stay here again, and Portland is such an amazing city! We had a blast. Our room was on the top floor and was very quiet. my only quibble would be that the enormous blue lit clock on the nightstand emitted far too much light at night so we had to unplug it.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor are the quietest.
3 Thank EatWell2014
Reviewed 27 January 2013

So me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel when we visited portland, we weren't at the hotel most of our stay we were out site seeing and every time we got to our room we would receive a phone call from the front desk asking us to stop "smoking", funny thing is is that we don't smoke at all! The last night of our stay we payed for and extra night and left to head to beaverton for shopping we get back to our room and our keys don't work. When we talked to the front desk they said that the hallway kept filling up with smoke from "our" room.... How is that even possible? They wouldn't even refund us for the extra night we paid for. They were very disrespectful even when we were trying to talk to them and explain we don't smoke.

• Stayed January 2013
9 Thank Moe101
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Great place to stay, right near the freeway and amenities. Pet friendly. Friends stayed at another place nearby and we had a much nicer experience, they had a toaster breakfast offered, we had a full breakfast!! Workout facility, pool and steam room are great.

Room Tip: Family suite is a great option for family and a tagalong friend.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle N
Oregon
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Unbelievable really... clean, big, perfect, excellent bed, quiet room, with a Kitchen!!! Staff was amazing. To top it all off they had free breakfast, happy hour (wine or beer) and even offered soup and salad for free in the evening. We ordered from the dinner menu each night to go along with what they offered. When we go to Portland, this is the only place we will stay unless they change... even if we have to drive a bit to get where we are going. Oh... and the price, wow... check it out! Oh... only thing I really didn't like was the granite countertop in the bathroom was beautiful except for a few black specs looked like spiders at a glance. I got used to it after the first day end it didn't bother me anymore. Worth it!

1 Thank jody118
West Richland
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed here the weekend of Jan. 18-20, 2013. We were in town for a dog show so had two dogs with us. The hotel is older, a bit worn but clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised with the free soup/salad bar (and beverages) when we arrived. Apparently this is available every night. We came in late, so were happy not to have to go out to find dinner. The breakfast was also nice. We reserved the executive king, wanting extra room and it worked out well. The placement of the TV in the adjoining room was strange but workable. I didn't care for the shower gel they offered so will know to bring my own next time. As for the dogs, there is a limited area to potty dogs on the property but its close enough to the river walk that that wasn't an issue for us. Overall a very nice stay, we will be back again next year.

1 Thank dnelson_13
bellingham, washington
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is my third time staying at this location. I called and made the reservations over the phone. The AAA price they quoted me was better than any I could get on the other typical search sites. The person I dealt with was very friendly. Upon arrival the person at the front desk was friendly and our reservations requests were met. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very quiet. We were on the 4th floor. We didn't get there in time to experience the evening wine/beer and soup/salad that they offer but we did take advantage of the breakfast in the morning. They cook to order eggs (scrambled or poach) and offer pancakes, sausage potatoes.....buffet style. They also have 4 types of cold cerals and packaged oatmeal. The fruit is mostly bananas, oranges, applesauce and yogurt. Enough to get your day going for most people. Takes just minutes to get on/off I-5. For the price this is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on the top floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family