“UP Drop off trip”

Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Puyallup
“UP Drop off trip”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great value and very good service. We will definitely stay there again. The room was big and the amenities were good, I especially liked the evening reception. The hotel was close to dining and shops.

1 Thank Richard W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I'm getting to this late but I would recommend this hotel. First I will say they are very reasonable with their rates. The rooms are very large and for just a few dollars more you can get a huge soaker tub in your room/suite. They have great amenities for the bathroom shampoo shower gel conditioner etc etc. Other amenities heated indoor pool, jacuzzi , steam room and sauna. Rarely do you see this in less then a 5 star resort and they had them all. They also offered a complimentary welcome snack and drink in the evenings . This wasn't 5 star but it was ok, I wouldn't rely on the snack as a dinner it's just soup and salad and the drinks were ok, however you were given two and I think it was a pretty nice offer that you don't see all the time.

The rooms were large and clean with a fridge and micro. The staff was nice and helped us with ideas for finding something to do around Portland. The only issue we had was with the air conditioner/heater kicking on and off all night , but honestly I travel a lot and stay in lots of hotels and resorts and that is a very common problem I find. To our surprise when checking out we were asked how our stay was and I mentioned the problem with the noise and that it kept me from sleeping as soundly as I liked to. Well not thinking twice, I just thought I was giving my honest answer and we were ready to just accept a quick apology and be on our way. To our surprise not only did we get an apology but the young lady said she would make an adjustment to our rate and quickly took off what I considered to be a generous amount of compensation to our bill. That totally impressed us. We did not expect that at all and was very grateful. They certainly did not have to do that and I can see they really value any issues that their customers have.

I have stayed in many reasonable hotels and the Oxford Suites is definitely one I would stay at again and again and would recommend .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine S
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel does not have the fancy, modern lobby a lot of more expensive hotls have, but the efficiency of the staff, the rooms, the service were far better than i could have imagined. Free salad, soup and drinks in the evening! Whowver heard of such a thing? They were good. The breakfast was way better than one usually sees. What really impressed me was that the placevwas full. The parking lot was full. But the dining area handled the crowds very effectively. We got our food fast, got a table fast. We got checked out fast. This hotel sets a standard that i have never before experienced

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Evrydayman2
Burlingame
Reviewed 27 August 2014

As long as you travel to and from UP during non commute times you'll love this location. Even in commute though, it will not take that long. Close to Target, and the Jantzen Beach Shopping Center for all your college student's needs. Oxford gives discounted rates to UP students and families. Bistro is a little sketch at times with dark furnishings but otherwise, super clean, updated, and friendly staff.

2 Thank Up P
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, easy to get to Jantzen Island. Nearby marinas and restaurants are fantastic! Clean, well laid out rooms are easy for pet owners. Complimentary breakfast was fantastic, anything you wanted was there!! We will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cyndi O
Spokane, Wa
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Good location just north of downtown portland. Right off hwy 5. Many amenities: breakfast, evening reception, parking, all included, even chocolates on arrival. Very clean, great value. Will definitely return on our next visit.

3 Thank foodycat
Salem, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Easy to get to I-205 and Washington State. Local shopping mall where you can browse for great deals.
Hooters Bar and grill to relax at.
River is close. All features are just a short walk.
Chevron gas just across the street. Burger king, Car wash, ATM within 100'

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business