“Great park and fly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Corvallis, Oregon
“Great park and fly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

My husband and I always stay here (either together or separately - that's how much we like the property) if we have an early flight out. It is close to the airport, staff is friendly, and airport shuttle is on demand. It is a great park and fly location. The restaurant and room service are good and dependable.

They recently (I think) added a feature called "premium" - I upgraded for 20$ and it included wifi access and "credenza access" - the credenza on the 8th floor is stocked with non-alcoholic beverages (including red bull, juice, waters, etc) and snacks (chex mix, chips, fruit, candy, trail mix etc). I'm not sure if the upgrade was worth it for a single traveller but for a family or a couple the snacks/beverages may be worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We love hearing from our guests, you are the reason we are here. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Jim Dodson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Unless I have errands that warrant a more expensive stay downtown, I usually stay here whenever I'm in Portland. It's convenient as it offers a shuttle to/from the airport. It's a good value with a buffet breakfast every morning. The buffet offers toast, pastries, yogurts, hot oatmeal, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages, potatoes, juices and coffee. You can even get your eggs cooked to order. The only problem is that by the time you've made all the buffet stops, you're food is cold. My husband and I have tried all kinds of tricks but so far nothing seems to work. Perhaps if the plates were warmed. There is a small gym with treadmills and ellipticals and a pool next door. There are laundry facilities and a business center available too. It can get a little noisy on the weekends but it's usually quiet by bed time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate when you let us know how our team performed for you during your recent stay. I wanted to let you know we just completed a resurfacing of our 2 pools & we are installing new fitness equipment tomorrow.
lebanon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

the upgraded floor suites were very sweet, first time for everything will do it again, the Hilton Honors program has been a valuable travel tool to build credibility throughout the Hilton Hotel chain, this was the first embassy suites I stayed at and will definately book again

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
We are excited to hear you like our new Premium Floor. Our team is continuing to work with the Embassy Suites Brand to find new ways to enhance our guests experience.
Astoria oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

This is a good choice when visiting PDX. Standard amenities, wine beer in the afternoon, buffet breakfast in the morning. Nothing great or unusual, but no surprises, either. This is a hotel that is all about its high visibility and good location, virtually impossible to miss.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel. The team is always excited to take great care of our guests & love the feedback.

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I stayed recently at the Embassy Suites PDX and overall we are happy with the decision to do so and will probably stay again. With that said, there are a few things that I would consider when and if you are planning a stay.
For one, upon entry I was greeted by a few front desk "kiosks" which is just fine....some for regular guests, one for Hilton Honors Members ( which I am ) guests. The gentleman at the regular kiosk is in the wrong position at this property. Without a doubt, he lacks the warmth and welcoming spirit that gives guests the initial overall impression of the hotel. Had I been a walk-in without a reservation, I would have left. On the other hand, the woman who was at the Honors Member desk was a pleasure to work with. Friendly, outgoing, helpful!
Secondly, the bar/restaurant. Our waiter, Idar (sp?) Russian name..sorry. was totally fantastic! He has amazing customer service skills and goes above and beyond with his knowledge of the menu and suggestions. However, if you order a mixed drink from the restaurant ( located on the East end of the building) it has to come from the bar via the bartender all the way from the West end of the building. It just seems illogical and poorly laid out for such a nice restaurant as you can see from your table the bartender leaving his customers at the bar to hand deliver your drinks to your table. I don't get it? Is this a liquor licensing issue or just poor planning? Its just seems...awkward.
Lastly the price. The rate I paid included parking my car for a 7 days at the hotel as I was flying out of PDX. Had this not been figured in to my rate the rates at Embassy Suites are much higher than comparable properties.....
As mentioned, when planning to stay, park and fly out of PDX, this property is a great choice. I hope with just a few small adjustments, they could turn a good Hotel into a great one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We have carefully reviewed & addressed your concerns in an effort to insure faster service @ the front desk & the lobby bar. we appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our Customer experience as our whole team is committed to the task.
Boise, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

The first night there was a neighbor coughing loudly on the other side of the wall and the hotel graciously offered to move me to a nice quiet corner room for my second night stay. However, I didn't realize there were still hotel chains that will charge $9.95 per day to use the internet in the room- but this one did. I was also frustrated that I was unable to get a discount for the room being that I was an attendee for a business seminar being held in the room. They said all of the discounted rooms were sold out. With the pool being down for service and key walkways blocked off with construction tape, I have mixed reviews on this one.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Good hotel, friendly and rsponsive staff. Location is great close to airport. Complimentary breakfast is rich and tasty. Suites are big an spatious. Stay is convineing despite the distance from Portland downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. It is very important to our team that we take great care of our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to provide for your next stay in Portland
With warm regards