“Good night's sleep!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A pleasant night, especially after 2 flights crossing the country. My daughter & granddaughter arrived hours before me & were able to enjoy the manager.My granddaughter loved the atrium, especially the koi in the pretty brook. Every enjoyed the breakfast. I usually can't sleep in hotel room, especially after traveling, but I slept great here. The room was clean, and fresh, as was the entire atrium area, as well as the buffet area. My daughter was able to stock the fridge for us, which made me happy, as I was hungry & thirsty, & it was too late for the on-property restaurant. I got to eat & relax, as well as save money. A good value, I'll be back this summer!

Room Tip: You can choose pet friendly- I had a kitty with me- brought along a disposable litter box, & eve...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

On behalf of our team thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Portland Airport. We strive to insure our guest complete satisfaction.
Jim Dodson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We arrived at 9pm and was greeted rudely by the check in staff member. I am a Hilton Honor Gold Member and was not treated as such. We order suite service and my wife fish and chips were not only cold but burned. This morning we went down for their breakfast. There were no clean tables. My wife asked the guy cooking eggs for someone to clean the table or a rag. He gave her a rag and then complained about her to the guest standing near him. We talk with the "manager" who only comment was I am sorry. With customer service like this you should stay away.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Howard H

We appreciate your candid feedback. I have reviewed your experience with our team, and on our behalf my sincere apology for the lack of service you received, Your experience clearly did not meet your expectations or ours. We would like to offer you a complimentary stay on your next visit to Portland so that we can show you the experience you came for.
Please contact me @ jim.dodson@jqh.com to make your reservation.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay, our second trip to this Embassy Suites in a year, and again this property met and exceeded our expectations. We had a airport-facing room on the 7th floor with no noise issues from airplanes or car traffic; however, you do occasionally hear other guests nearby and in particular those who get up early and slam doors as they exit.
The food and service with the breakfast buffet in the morning and the restaurant for evening dinner was excellent. The evening Manager's Reception has improved in food quality and choice of offerings since last year; however, the California wines that are served - you can only purchase OR or WA state wines in the restaurant at night - are of a cheap and low quality brand that we could not drink. Not wine snobs but even a cheap CA wine can be bad. Beer on tap was good and cold and became our option over the wine.
Overall, this hotel is conveniently located to the terminal, quick airport shuttle service, and an easy walk through a secure parking lot to reach the Mt. Hood Light Rail station. A bit further on is the Cascades shopping area so a very safe and convenient location to walk at night to/from the rail stop or this Cascades area. Day passes on the rail are inexpensive and take you directly to central downtown Portland. A must visit is the Saturday Market - which is also on Sundays - and dessert at Voodoo Donuts at the Skidmore stop on the light rail.
So even for tourists visiting Portland, this hotel is convenient, staff very friendly and professional, and nice accomodations all around insure a very pleasant stay.
Always our #1 pick for Portland. Thank You to everyone for a very nice visit and stay!

Room Tip: High floor and ask for a room facing the terminal and twin runways for great airplane viewing and ar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you foe taking the time to share your recent experience Here at the Embassy Suites Portland Airport. We were very excited to read how you enjoyed yourself. thanks for the constructive thought on our wine selections in the evening reception.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

....and keep them closed. We have visited this hotel for many years as we traveled early in the morning. Nothing has changed much since we were there 15 years ago, except I noticed new carpeting. Nothing bad, really, but it needs to be updated. The sofa I sat on was about to fall through the frame. We enjoy their happy hour and staff, but this place really needs an update. We had a rare humid day in Portland and the AC didn't work at all. I had it set as cool as it would get without any results.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank for your candid feed back. We strive to insure our guests have a great experience. I wanted to let you know we recently renovated our Guest corridors, pool & fitness areas & As well as replaced all of our public area furniture. Coming soon new atrium art. We will begin our guest room renovation next year. We want you to have a quality Guest suite environment.
With warm regards

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here, but I didn't realize that until we checked in. This is a superb property. The internal layout is fantastic with a fish filled stream and waterfall winding through the interior of the hotel. There is a well stocked bar, good in-house food, and the complimentary breakfast with made to-order omelettes beats anyplace I've ever stayed (except the downtown Embassy Suites).

My room was on the fourth floor near the elevator so I was a little worried about noise issues but I didn't need to be. With a second interior (heavy and solid) door into the sleeping area, I didn't hear a sound.

A very nice, well appointed room with ample space, good beds, good pillows, micro-fridge, microwave, sink, decent sized bathroom, and separate TVs in the bedroom and sitting areas, made my stay here pleasant and restful.

Conference rooms were easily accessible, and the pool (while shallow) was clean and nice. The hot tub was oddly cool. It was pleasantly warm but it certainly was not hot.

Tips: Stay here! It is well worth it. If you are scheduling a conference or training, I would certainly recommend it as well since your attendees will certainly be left feeling good about your choice of venue. As anyone who has attended or planned an event knows, a lousy hotel stay or venue will leave your attendees not happy with the event regardless of how good the event actually was. I would say that you probably couldn't go wrong here.

Location: Good. A short 5 minute walk to the Max, and the shuttle will take you to a nearby shopping and dining area for free (don't forget to tip the driver though).

Room Tip: If you plan on sleeping in late, I would ask for a room above the third floor. Also place your omele...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. The team here is very committed to providing a outstanding experience for our guests & were very pleased we succeeded during your stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for its proximity to the airport. We are Hilton Honors members so check in was quick and easy. The room was fine but, as stated previously, the furniture was dated. Also, there were only two outlets between the beds so we had to unplug the clock to plug in our devices.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and it was great. Andrew does a great omelet. In the evenings, the bar tender was very hospitable. Without question, we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. Our team is focused on providing a outstanding experience for all our guests & were excited to know we succeeded
for your recent stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We planned to stay here for two days while our hardwood floors were repaired. The staff was friendly upon arrival. The room I was assigned, however, smelled strongly of old cat urine. I found a circular spot in the carpet in the corner. I called downstairs and was told that the hotel was booked, so they couldn't move me. There was no operable window and I couldn't even find an A/C unit, although I am sure there was one.

I then went downstairs to the main desk to see if they could book us in another embassy hotel in Portland. The gentleman said that all of the hotels were booked for the night, but he could switch my room for me (not sure why the first woman said they couldn't - that does not reflect well on them).

He put me into another room without any fuss and was very nice about it. When I got into that room, it too smelled like old animal urine, but not as badly as the last place. My husband and I turned the a/c on and just decided to bear it.

By the time I woke up in the morning, I knew that I couldn't stand another night there, so my husband called to see if we could check out without incurring the fee. Because we were not happy with the room, the woman gladly waived the fee. She was also very nice about it when we came down to check out.

The room itself, minus the strong urine smell, was nice. The bed was pretty comfortable, the furniture was new, and even being by the elevator was not very loud. The bartender who served the late night dinners was very nice...

So, the staff and the facilities are great. The over-powering smell of animal urine is not so much.

I recommend that the hotel designate a floor as animal friendly and give guests the option to check into animal-free rooms. As an animal owner myself, I know that with cat urine, in particular, there is really no way to clean it.

Room Tip: Check your room for odors before checking in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Iwas disappointed to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Our team would like to invite you to return as our guests on your next visit to Portland. You can just Email me @ jim.dodson@jqh.com & I will delighted to take provide your complimentary stay.