“Terrible hotel staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Ranked #51 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here before leaving for a trip and will never stay again. I brought a personal pillow with me, a very nice one at that, which must have stolen by a housekeeper because they did not have it when I returned to pick it up, and I was assured the day I left that it would be there for me when I returned. I called them as soon as I realized it was missing, only 15 minutes later and was guaranteed it would be there upon my return from my trip. Very inefficient staff and terrible service.

Stayed: February 2014
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

My apology that we lost your Pillow. If you would send us a receipt for your new one we would be happy to reimburse you. additionally I would like to invite you back as our guest. You may contact me for either offer at jim.dodson@jqh.com or 503-849-7570.
we look forward to providing you a great experience on your next trip to Portland.
With warm regards
Jim Dodson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Last night. I have stayed at other Embassy Suites before, and I have to say, this time was terrible. Service was horrible, I called the front desk several times with no answer. The room was dirty, both night stands had sticky residue. The bathroom had hair in it. The window in the bedroom had black mold around it from condensation. Water was dripping off the window. My husband wiped it several times. The pool was out of towels. The hot breakfast buffet was cold. Only one omelet maker for 100+ people. I will not stay here again... I'm sad I was charged $150 for this terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We appreciate your candid review of your experience at our hotel. I would love to have the chance to make it right for you. We would like to extend a invitation to return to the hotel as our guests. I believe we can provide for you a substantially better experience. you may contact me at jim.dodson@jqh.com or 503-849-7570. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I travel to Portland OR about every 6 weeks. I love the location to airport, the rooms are always clean and comfortable, the restaurant food is good especially the breakfast. The evening reception is a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are delighted to be your hotel of choice when you are in Portland. Thankyou for taking the time to share your review with others.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

After this. We won't be staying with embassy suites again.

Upon first look, the place looks great. There's beautiful fountain work in the lobby, a nice lounge area and restaurant, and welcoming check in staff. However, we learned upon check in that there's is a $10 overnight fee to park. (Wifi also requires a fee.)

The room was ok. Bed was a bit stiff, but the separation between the bed and sitting room was convenient. Our kids slept comfortably on the hid-a-bed.

One thing that really struck us was the rudeness of the service. We called down for some extra bedding for the kids, and the reaction of the clerk was as if we'd asked for a hug. That's your job right? Sorry to inconvenience you. To make matters worse, there was a knock at the door, followed by the service clerk BARGING IN! I was in my underwear getting ready to turn in. That was not ok with me or my wife. That kind of invasion of privacy is simply not appropriate.

This was a mediocre experience and we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jujoko

Our sincere apology for your recent stay. We obviously let you down, please give the opportunity to earn your business back by allowing us to providing you a complimentary nights stay on your next visit to Portland. I can assure we reviewed your issues with our staff & they will not reoccur.
You may contact me personally to make your reservation at jim.dodson@jqh.com or 503-849-7570. We look forward to you return.
With warm regards

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was exactly what we expected, and at the end of a 2-week road trip through Oregon, it was exactly what we needed, too. Good-size room, standard Embassy Suites amenities (happy hour food and drinks, great buffet breakfast, nice pool) - we were happy campers at the end of our trip. Would stay again if looking for an airport location at PDX.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We really appreciate you taking the time to share review of our hotel with others. our team was trilled to read it & glad we made your stay memorable.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great stay and great breakfast.The staff was very friendly.Great place to bring the kids.The hotel was pretty full,so the room service was a little slow,but the food was really good.I didn't think that they could make pizza so good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel. the team here thrives on taking care of our guests. They were thrilled with your comments.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I always like to stay at embassy suites. The managers reception(happy 2 hour) and free breakfast make it a great choice for a family or group of adults. It is a little more expensive than a few other places, but we save on going out and eating breakfast the next day. This hotel has a really beautiful lobby, the rooms are clean and the people were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We strive to exceed each & every guests expectations. The team was thrilled & encouraged to read your review.