3,367 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roombottle of champagnemini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsattached restaurantheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearl
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We are a fan of the Hotel Monaco in Baltimore so we decided to try out the one in Portland. This hotel has amazing service (even better than in Baltimore, which was already superb), beautiful suites, and the New York Times (which was the cherry on top). Thank you for such an amazing experience. We will definitely stay there again the next time we visit Portland!

Room Tip: A suite on the highest floor away from the elevator provides a peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Have stayed several times for an on site meeting.
Meeting food and service excellent.
Hotel staff attentive and helpful.
Rooms top notch.
Art on each floor interesting.
Evening wine breaks fun.
What else do you want?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Visited this site after doing a class project that impressed me. The project emphasized the wonderful service that the Kimpton group, specifically the Hotel Monaco, provides. Wanted to see it first hand so i booked a queen room for my anniversary.

Unfortunately we did not experience the level of service that my report showed. That is not to say the level of service we experienced was subpar - the staff was great, but i was looking for that something extra and did not see it.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but with a few suggestions. Request a larger room; request an upgrade upon check-in; join in on the wine tasting; and visit the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: I suggest that you consider the larger rooms because the queen room is very small. Also request a room with a full view and don't forget to request a room upgrade - they often have rooms available to upgrade and will do so at very little to no additional charge.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Darling hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. The decor is bright and fun. The staff is the best!! They provided us with helpful information about restaurants and always offered to give directions.
The happy hour is such a blast. It sort of reminds me of being in some happy spot in New Orleans. The lobby fireplace is also quite wonderful. We loved our room as well.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I adore Kimpton properties. I have been an "evangelist" for the brand for quite a few years. However; this had to be one of the "bad" stays I have had in quite awhile. Very disappointing from check-in to check-out. Restaurant service (J was the server) was lazy and full of attitude. The room was lovely though - very well laid out and decorated nicely. The bathtub drain didn't work nor did the door bolt.

The location of the property is great. Able to walk right outside to the shops and restaurants. Would recommend eating at the Original instead of the Red Star (hotel's restaurant) for breakfast. Staff seemed bothered by guests. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 8 if you don't have pets - it is a hyperallegenic floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sealizis
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your fedback. I was sorry to see that one of our restaurant employees had a negative effect on your visit. I want to assure you that we will revisit our training and address issues such as these. I'm confident we can fix this in short order.

We look forward to the very great pleasure of serving you again in the hopefully near future.

Craig