Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
US$248
Travelocity
  • Pool
3,273 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I struggled with whether to give this a five or not as I don't give out many fives, I would say this is a solid four and half based on my experience. I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Great location and close to many activities and eating establishments. You can walk to the train that services the Portland airport as it is only three blocks or so away. Check in was smooth as usual, the room was spacious and very well maintained. Noise level was very good, room service was fast and friendly, food was good and the workout room was pretty generous compared to many hotels. Internet was easy to connect to and best of all it was stable. I think I prefer this over the other Kimpton properties in Portland, everything flowed and just felt right about staying here. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great if you choose not to rent a car since it's walking distance to the train that serves Portland airport and centrally located to activities and eating establishments.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdohare
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the feedback. We were happy that you were debating with your self between a 4 star and 5 star rating. We also thank you for your positive remarks aobut the suite, fitness center, and room service.

Thanks again. We look forward to your next visit.

Craig

Craig Thompson

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a fun yet extremely well run hotel with funky style and very efficient, responsive service.
Perfect combination! The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with differentiated sitting and sleeping areas, which is very convenient. Coffee in the morning and local wines, beer, a specialty cocktail and snacks in early evening are served daily in the quirky lobby. While not all the decor is quite to my taste, I love the whimsy it expresses and the service here can't be beat. Given everything, it's also a pretty good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After a nightmarish night at another hotel on our first night in Portland, the Hotel Monaco came to our rescue and saved our honeymoon! Our king suite was SO comfy, and we loved being so close to all downtown PDX has to offer. Special, special thanks to Jenna for being so accommodating and making check-in a breeze despite a booking error (not her or HM's fault in the slightest). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I used this hotel in August of last year and just got around to doing my review. If you are traveling to Portland, this is a must stay! The hotel is very clean and the service was wonderful. If you are planning a meeting, it's hard to find a better hotel in the area in regards to cost and service. It's convenient to everything in the downtown area! The free bike and fish for your room was so cute!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review. We really appreciate the feedback... We were happy to note that you enjoyed your visit and you plan to return. E mail me prior to your return and let me have the opportunity of seeing to the details of your stay.

Thanks again,

Craig

Craig Thompson

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was gorgeous. I stayed here for a business trip and absolutely loved it. The decor is adorable - my room had wallpaper with birds on it, a full sitting room with Queen Ann style chairs, and the closet was complete with a zebra print robe. The beds were incredibly comfortable. I didn't want to go to my meetings in the morning!

The Monaco is conveniently located right in the city center. I had no trouble getting around by foot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business