Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
  • Pool
US$181
US$229
3,271 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
Reviewed 25 September 2009

This hotel is not only in a very convienent location but also incredibly nice people work here. The rooms are small but very comfortable and my only small complaint is that the windows don't open. It was really nice to have the Red Star Tavern down in the lobby so we could grab a night cap and snack before heading back up to our room.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Almost hesitant to be too glowing. Don't want the "secret", if there is one, about how cool this little boutique hotel is. Beautiful lobby, very nice and spacious rooms, and terrific front-desk and valet staff. Klimpton remodeled the hotel a few years ago when they took it over and they did a beautiful job. It's right in the heart of Portland's downtown, so very convenently located. All things considered, this is possibly the nicest hotel I've stayed in. Certaintly the best value.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I spent a few nights in the hotel on business. Typically I stay in the Hilton chain but this was a very good choice. The hotel is warm and comfortable. The rooms are small but nicely appointed. Clean throughout. The restaurant that is a part of the hotel is a fun place with good food for dinner and breakfast. The staff to a person was pleasant. The hotel is handy to the downtown and easy to get to via the rail from the airport. The only concern i have is the unbelievable number of homeless or panhandlers on the streets of Portland. You litteraly have to walk over and around them to get anywhere. We went to Mama Mia's 3 blocks down at about 7pm and were endlessly asked for money coming and going.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This hotel is one of Portland's classier ones. Wine tasting and the Red Star Restaurant are enough to keep you in the hotel. The staff is nice and accommodating in a timely manner. I stayed here before and had an issue which was resolved quickly. They have readily available transportation. I used the black and white taxis to get around town(my fave taxi company in Portland). I splurged and took one of the hotels Lincoln towncars to the airport and it cost me $50(a taxi is $35) but it was more roomy than the taxi which was a Scion xb and after my last stay in Portland I was tired. Even though I had a great nights sleep at the Monaco. To much wine maybe?

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank GoldJewelry
Reviewed 30 August 2009

For under $200 got a very large king suite on the top floor. There was a living room with couch, table and flat screen TV, a bedroom with a king bed and a flat screen TV, and a large bathroom. The decor was artistic and fun. The location is great, 2 blocks from the light rail transit, walking distance to many North East Portland sites. The staff is very attentive, especially the doormen. The lobby is well furnished and very comfortable to sit and relax in. I travel to Portland at least twice a year and I've stayed in many hotels; this one is now my favorite.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple