Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
US$256
US$211
  • Pool
3,271 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I would highly recommend The Hotel Monaco to any family traveling to Portland, OR. They have several different packages to choose from that cater to children, or couples. These packages are a great value! The package we chose was the DaVinci package. This gave the kids paints and canvases, tickets to the Chldren's Museum, a wine tasting for the adults, a free movie rental with popcorn, and a double bed suite including a sitting area with a sofa bed. When we walked into the room for the first time, they had two bottles of Milk chilling for the children along with a plate of chocolate chip cookies! Our room also included our own Goldfish, named Henry, who was a big hit with the kids as well! We all had such a great time. The room was outstanding, the beds comfortable, and the service was exemplary! We will definitely stay there whenever we visit, as well as always checking with the Kimpton chain in other cities for great packages.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Not my 1st time staying here. Nice rooms, beds, staff. Good food. WINE! Tip: if you want to save $10-15 on transportation to the airport call the same taxi company the hotel uses yourself (Radio Cab co) and ask for the $26 special to the airport. The same company is usually parked outside the hotel but they run $35-$45 to PDX and they don't have to honor the special unless you call the cab company directly and ask for it. The hotel will not do this for you.
Another tip: bring your dog(s). This is a very dog friendly hotel. Very!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank faircarny
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed in huge King suite for $150. Quite. elegant comfortable room. Hotel is extremely pet friendly - if you don't like dogs not the place for you, but we loved it! Overnight parking at $31 is steep, but all hotels in the area are the same; if I was staying more than one night, I'd figure out something else with a local garage. The 5-6 free happy hour rocks! Wine, beer, cosmos and martini's. One big party and they are not stingy!! Everyone buzzed and socializing - always a great time. Received $10 minibar coupons for being intouch member, which paid for our water and a snack. Super friendly staff; hotel in a great location. Pazzo restaurant a few block up is SO good. I've stayed at Benson, Lucia, Heathman and other hotels in Portland - this one is by far the best.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelfreak2007
Reviewed 10 October 2009

Everything about our stay was great. There is a charge for valet parking, but they cut to $20.00/day when I complained a little, We received a suite for single room price on a promotional rate. They provide free Starbucks coffee every morning and a free wine social every afternoon. We were on the top floor and heard very little traffic noise. Our friends were on a lower floor and said the traffic was more obvious Staff was very helpful with dinner reservations. We enjoyed Andina peruvian restaurant - have the hotel make the reservation and you may get some free goodies!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This was one of the best stays I've ever had at a hotel. I was contacted prior to my stay by the manager, asking if there were any snacks or other items I'd like in my room when I arrived. They brought these complimentary items up during my first evening at the hotel. The evening receptions in the lobby were very well-done with music, Wii games to play, and complimentary refreshments. I stayed in the deluxe room with the sitting area and separate bedroom, and it was so spacious and comfortable. The HDTV was a nice plus! My wireless internet service wasn't working one night, so I called the front desk and they put me through to a technician who helped immediately. Everyone who worked there was very friendly, and it felt like coming "home" every night after a busy day of sight-seeing. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: July 2009