“A Gem of Graciousness in the Heart of a Lovely City”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Idaho
“A Gem of Graciousness in the Heart of a Lovely City”
Reviewed 11 July 2010

What a wonderful hotel! From all employees to the guests - everyone was so kind, helpful and friendly. The decor and comfort are superb. In the hustle and bustle of a big city - the Hotel Monaco of Portland - is a lovely oasis. I hope to stay again one day at the Hotel Monaco of Portland; will recommend it to others; and my first choice when traveling will be a Kimpton Hotel if that city happens to be fortunate to have one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We recently stayed here on two separate occasions, and we second all the positive comments made by previous reviewers!! Great, friendly, competent staff, wonderful rooms, great location, fair price, etc., etc. Loved it and would highly recommend!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed at four different hotels on the west coast during a recent vacation, and the Hotel Monaco was by far the best.

Great, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Awesome location (we used buses and light rail for our entire trip). Fantastic accomodations. The price was also not only reasonable, but a teriffic value.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2010

What a peaceful place! I loved it! My wife and I stayed there for a week in July and we had the most amazing time. The service was fantastic with the most helpful of staff. They were always there when I needed a bit of help or suggestions for touring Portland and the rest of Oregon. The pet friendliness was also a plus, as my wife and I don't travel with our pets but love to see others while we're out. Timmy, the hotel mascot was a joy and great welcome at the end or beginning of our day, and our room goldfish was really cool. I recommend this hotel, with its most awesome of decor, amenities, and staff to any and everyone. I loved every bit of it!

minneapolis
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Highly recommended! I can't say anything bad about this hotel. Great rooms (note: we were in a small suite so I can't comment on the regular rooms), genuine hospitality, clean and comfortable. My wife also really enjoyed the spa. Outstanding!

Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I stopped by Hotel Monaco to pick up friends. The staff was so incredible from the moment I pulled into the valet area. Everyone was very courteous. When I went inside, I was blown away by the amazing design and beauty of the lobby. The furniture was unusual and the scale was big & bold. They even offer a complimentary fish bowl for your room! They called it "Sleeping with the fishes". They take care of the feeding and cleaning & you simply enjoy your companion during your stay.
Since we were planning to stay in Portland later that week, I immediately canceled with the other hotel and booked our stay at Hotel Monaco instead.
Every person on staff treated us like we were family (the good kind that one looks forward to seeing). Our valet even re parked our car & assured us our belongings would be secure upon check out and called a restaurant to make sure they could slip us in before their 2PM closing.
This was the single most fantastic hotel experience we've ever had. I highly recommend it!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Stayed here for Gov't meeting - our rate was amazing!!

Staff was exceptionally helpful - reservations for restaurants - dealing with numerous chamges for reservations -
easy location - close to Metro stop - don't bring a car if you're staying in Portland

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business