“Get what you paid for”

Ranked #122 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Invermere, Canada
“Get what you paid for”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Rooms smelt a bit, didn't feel overly clean, beds old and uncomfortable.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was very cheap for two queens.
$25 cab ride into downtown but located near the i5 McDonald's and lots of strip clubs

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Ask for a ground floor room with no neighbors if you want to not be awakened repeatedly by loud neighbor noise. There is NO sound insulation at all and you can hear the activity of your neighbors distinctly viz long sex sessions, vomitting and toilet flushing plus loud TV at all hours. It is full of long term residents who don't care about noise. I only stayed there because it was around the block from an apt. I wanted. It was reasonably priced but not for a good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We are a mature couple from Ca; needing a weekly rate. We found this place to be a perfect location and (Nox) the big guy at the desk was a great help the whole week. In fact, his helper ken was good too and the room cleaning girl was kind. It was quiet and safe.The linens could sure use an update, I felt sorry that they didn't have better. Maybe next time they will. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank suec18
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I was beyond disgusted with the lack of professionalism of the manager who was rude and then tried to offer me a discount even told me he wouldn't charge tax. The room was one of those upstairs ones near the front and all I can say is the pictures do not look anything like this place.

The room smelled horrible and the carpet has dried food rubbed into it and the bedding had cigarette burns. If you are anything close to a light sleeper this is not the place to be since they mainly cater to drunks and derelicts who stay up till the early morning partying.

I wish I would have seen the reviews of this place beforehand because I would have avoided this nightmare of a motel. Don't bother asking for a refund once you check-in they won't refund you and other guests that were there the two nights me and my lady stayed said the other rooms are just as smelly and dirty.

Room Tip: There is no best room here
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JJeffs

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Cave Junction, Oregon
Reviewed 29 October 2010

There was grease on the floor in the kitchen, you could see all the grime on the window. The carpet needed to be vaccumed. We unloaded every thing looked around and reloaded it all...we should have looked first. All I could think of was cockroaches>
They charged for a full night insisting we had been there 15 min. She did say that she would vaccumn...shouldn't have have been done already? We are Pastors, visiting a church member in the hospital. We did go and rent a good room at Aladdin Motor Inn, clean and comfortable. Although we have reciets for both motels there was nothing we could do to be refunded... they should be ashamed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Zoeduffy
Portland
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Hey filmmakers! We used Portland Value Inn for our location to shoot a short drama one weekend. It was inexpensive and accommodating for our needs. You might picture a parallel universe version of Melrose Place.
Don't be intimidated by the appearance of the giant bald manager behind the desk, he's nice as pie! He swapped out furniture for us and was really helpful as our point of contact.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I was in need a place to stay while they tented the condo complex where I was renting. The place is huge and fumigating would take two weeks. I looked for a hotel/motel with weekly rates and decided against comfort inn and the like as the rates were high and I was on a budget assigned by the condo board for relocation during the tenting. Well, long story short, I found this place. As of 08/08, the rates where $51 a night or $230.00 per 5 day 'week' including tax.

At $230, I feel they were overcharging by $229.98 a week. I'd give two cents for the rooms. They had taken a reservation from me for a ground floor non-smoking room. They did not honor the reservations and I found while I was there that they took but completely ignored reservations.

Old mismatched furniture, carpets with dirt permanently ground in. The stench of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. Roaches. The stove (units include a kitchenette) was something that looked like it had been salvage from a junk yard after 2-3 years of being exposed to the elements. Several wall outlets didn't work. All the light bulbs where very dim compact florescent bulbs of the lowest wattage and gave the room the appearance of a cave. The dim lighting was perhaps a good thing, considering how nasty the place was. Complaining about the non-working items in the room, or quality of the room got nothing but nastiness from the staff. Talking to the owner in San Francisco got even ruder treatment.

The place does feature an ice machine that actually works and a pool. A Chinese restaurant/bar was next door with food till 2am and a $5 lunch combo that was great. While they did have working high speed Wifi internet (WEP encrypted) and cable, the cable included no pay channels, not even the mainstay of most motels of HBO. The wireless suffered from a lack of sufficient repeaters, so the signal would frequently fade. They staff suggested using my laptop 'outside' of my room. Squatting on the sidewalk, I presume.

Give it a pass unless you have no choice.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Checking in
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aalper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Hospitality Inn
Quality Inn Tigard
#5 of 9 in Tigard
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard

Been to Portland Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!