“Great find in vegan/bicycle central!”
Review of Eastside Lodge

Eastside Lodge
Ranked #79 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great find in vegan/bicycle central!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent four days over the Labor Day 2013 weekend. This is a very basic motel, but it was clean, a great value, and so close to so much. Fridge and microwave in the room, which many motels/hotels won't give you at all. I was able to walk or take transit everywhere. I walked to the Portland Saturday Market and found a great bike shop to rent from right across the Burnside Bridge (Portland Bicycle Tours). I had awesome vegan pizza at Sizzle Pie a block over, found the vegan mini-mall and multiple vegan restaurants between Burnside and Stark, had beer and coffee everywhere, went further afield to a vegan bar/restaurant with an awesome happy hour (The Bye and Bye). Be warned, the rooms can be a little noisy from the surrounding bars and restaurants, but nothing over the top, and it was easily masked by closing the windows and turning up the AC. I think they used to have a pool, which they've covered over and no longer maintain. TV was good, but wifi signal was weak (plenty of wifi around the city, though). No big deal, though. Who wants to hang out by a motel pool, watch TV, or play on the Internet in a motel room when you're in beautiful Portland?

Room Tip: North side rooms are noisier. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DCVegan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I spent a weekend in Portland with my two best friends, and due to not being very on top of things, we didn't have many options to stay by the time we were ready to book a hotel. Eastside lodge was BY FAR the most affordable option for us three (85 for two queens in high season? Yes please!), and it was a lovely experience. Rooms were exceptionally clean and tidy, and the amenities were just what we needed: nothing over the top but a bar fridge and TV were definitely used and appreciated. It didn't mention that there was Wifi on the website, but sure enough there is Wifi here, so don't let that be a detracting element to factor in to your decision. All in all, no frills are really attached to the place, but it definitely fits the bill. Staff were super friendly as well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Good value for the money. I wish they had coffee makers in the rooms, but it seems as if people steal them. They do have coffee in the lobby (but was pretty weak if you ask me). The place was clean, the management was friendly, and they have good management.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I'd been struggling to find rooms under $80 without sacrificing cleanliness or location. I was staying in Portland for one night on a LONG road trip. Eastside Lodge was right by some cool vintage stores and the BEST strip club I've ever been to. That place across the street? I didn't realize it was a strip club until I went in. So glad I did.

I digress. The guy who checked me in was heaping on flattery. He upgraded my room for no charge when I told him I wanted a smoking room and they had no smoking singles. He had good tips about where to go and what to do.

The room itself was dated, but served its purpose. My only gripes are that the carpet was in serious need of a deep clean and I found a few hairs on my pillowcase. The sheets were otherwise crisp. I couldn't hear any noise and slept like a rock... after I stumbled home at 3AM. Definitely a handy place for traveling on a budget without sacrificing too much!

• Stayed August 2013
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Eastside lodge is in a great location. Quick walk to the downtown area and to the Lloyd Center mall.. Also very close to a vegan mini mall. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the wireless internet wasn't the greatest. I'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, ask for a room not facing the bar
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We where looking for a place with good location and this was it! Close to downtown with a fair price. The man working at the desk was so nice and kind to show us maps, attractions, share tips of restaurants and places to visit that truly make the difference with other places. The room is old fashion but clean. After all, if you will like to spend all day around town and just go to sleep is perfect for that.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Fhrni
Pescadero, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night but the motel was excellent. Rooms were modern and clean. Had one of those pillowtop deals on the mattress. I slept so well.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. The location was great, close to pubs, restaurants, and downtown. Best part, was very affordable!

• Stayed May 2013