“Horrible customer service”
Review of Eastside Lodge

Eastside Lodge
Ranked #85 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A man who later identified himself as Kabir Moledina (that spelling may be off slightly) was working behind the counter when I checked in. As I was filling out the form, I told him I was not sure of my license plate number. He responded "leave it blank then, I'll be happy to have you towed". This was literally his initial response. I could understand something along the lines of "yeah, sorry, we actually will need that so if you could go out to your vehicle and get the number...etc". I could even understand something like "I have to report any unauthorized vehicle, and I'd hate for your car to end up being towed on accident". However, under what circumstances should an employee be "happy" to have a customer's car towed? When he said that I looked up from the form I was filling out to see if he was serious or just joking with me, and he then told me "don't look at me like that, I'll throw you right out of here". I have never been treated so disrespectfully in my life. The only thing I said to this guy was "I'm not sure what my license plate number is". This employee has a terrible attitude, and really left a lasting impression on me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Frank V

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Highly unrecommended establishment due to the manners of the staff.

We were shocked on arrival at how immediately and unprovokedly rude and patronising the man at the check in counter was. He was middle aged and looked slightly Asian. I asked for his name but he refused to give it to me.

He was outwardly rude and insulting to myself and my family several times.

He was also sly, and refused to tell us what the extra 14% fee was for (it should be a 12% hospitality tax only). He said "I'm not telling you what the fee is for, go call the police or sue me if you like" and shrugged.

I've never been spoken to do rudely by hotel staff in my life and my whole party left feeling angry and confronted. I am disgusted that people like this continue to be employed here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RoandPj
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you to the staff who changed my $10 so I could take the TriMet.
Did not appreciate being called "pretty girl like you" in nearly every sentence as I was checking in. If this happened on the streets I could walk away. This seems too much to stomach even for a hotel this affordable. Extremely uncomfortable experience.
Otherwise, everything was good enough for a brief overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank traveltravel666666
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay overnight en route from Seattle to Ashland - a quiet place, near I-5 but enough away to escape freeway noise, with a comfortable king size bed, a bath, a microwave; not expensive. East side absolutely fit the bill. Would have been even better if they provided breakfast, but then one can't have everything, can one?

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights at Eastside Lodge. Summary: superb location. First plan was to stay downtown, but the hotels there were either bad or expensive so we looked a bit farther. Eastside ended up being way more awesome the downtown, with all the little restaurants and pubs. There are also a number of more interesting shops there, definitely worth investigating. Downtown is a 20 minute walk away, so you can pretty much walk all over town. Motel itself is very basic and oldish, but clean and well kept. There is no breakfast, but cafes nearby cover that perfectly. It did get a bit noisy at weekend nights, due to people coming and going cheerfully, but nothing too bad. Recommended if you want a great location to sleep in at sensible price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eetu P
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We rented this hotel room as we were attending my daughters graduation and she lives nearby. When we walked into the room, it felt as if we were back in the 50's. The room needed some serious upgrading. The room was clean, though my husband said he could feel the mattress springs when he was laying down. I didn't notice. I thought we might be disturbed by music and noise from the Karaoke bar on the other side of the property. Never heard it. Great coffee shop within walking distance and other places nearby. It was nice that there was a refrigerator and microwave, but overall the room looked as if it needed new carpets, new paint, etc., but you get what you pay for, and we wanted to stay close to where my daughter lives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lfess
Reviewed 27 May 2014

perfect? NO. but perfectly acceptable? YES. from airport, MAX to lightrail, and you walk only 3 blocks. on Burnside which takes you into downtown within a 15 minute walk, or Lightrail (3 block walk) where you can go anywhere. I didnt like Portland, but the hotel had nothing to do with it. If you need a clean, safe, affordable "motel" that has an amazing location, this is it. The bed seemed comfortable, included a fridge, and room was large enough to offer a relaxing experience. No outside noise at all. No hotel/motel in Portland is in a perfect location, but this was close enough to it all to make your stay hopefully enjoyable. Side advice, rent a bike at Douglas Fir and bike the Willamette River Loop, and the next day, go to Multnomah Falls and MT HOOD Loop. Couple amazing experiences

Room Tip: rent a bike at Douglas Fir and bike the Willamette River Loop, and the next day, go to MT HOOD and