“Cheap room in a great part of town”
Review of Eastside Lodge

Eastside Lodge
Ranked #81 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Kyle, Texas
“Cheap room in a great part of town”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It is what it is & that's all I gotta say about it. Whenever I need a hotel I always look for the cheapest decent room so I can have extra money to explore & take in the town. After reading the reviews for Eastside Lodge it was everything I expected. A cheap place to sleep off the day & nights activities. The room itself was clean but can use a makeover; but that's what makes it so cheap. I'm sure the motel would be twice as expensive otherwise. The neighborhood it's in was cool too & is within walking distance to several key spots in Portland. Because of this we were able to walk much of Portland instead of driving.
This is definitely no Hilton or Radisson, but it works & if I'm ever in Portland again I will definitely look at this motel first.

Room Tip: All rooms seem about the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to get a room on 4th of July so we couldn't complain a lot about the price. The room was clean. Pretty big. No bed bugs. Smelled and looked quite old though. If it doesn't bother you you will have an excellent stay like us. Parking is first come first serve so you have to be quick. No breakfast but free coffee and tea 24/7 at the front desk, also free luggage storage after check out.
AC, tv and fridge were working fine in the room. There's an elevator up to the 2nd floor.
10 minute walk to the Burnside bridge or busses right jn front.
Can't complain, we had a decent stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oki d
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at the Eastside Lodge in July. The room was dated but clean. I slept well - the bed and pillows were comfortable. I had to request a room to myself as I had been booked to share - this was accommodated without fuss which I was grateful for.
As there was no lift I had to carry all my bags up three flights of stairs. Along with the musty smoky smell, It had a definite 'pay-by-the-hour' feel to it and so it's not the kind of place I'd want to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking and lower level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew B

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Depoe Bay, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at Eastside Saturday night. Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean room and comfortable room and bed. 'Vintage' tube TV but no big deal. I really don't expect much from a two star hotel but this place exceeded my expectations. Vintage Mid-century feel but well kept up and freshly painted. My buddy and I had two rooms on the 3rd floor. After we headed back to the Oregon Coast we compared notes. We really couldn't come up with a single complaint. I highly recommend Eastside for a inexpensive visit.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of a 3rd floor room. They have an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sudie S
England
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Although several people have left negative remarks about the staff, we found them to be polite and friendly during our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the wifi was pretty good and there was a good selection of TV channels. If you want to get a good nights sleep you may struggle as the bar across the road is very loud, this didn't bother us as we didn't get back until late each night, but if you wanted an early night this is not the place to stay.

The main disappointment for me was that there was no bath, just a shower cubicle. The bathroom was also somewhat small.

The location is great, right across the bridge from downtown and within walking distance of lots of museums and attractions.

There is a Dennys nearby and Voodoo donuts a 10 minute walk away.

If you want to save money there is a MAX stop nearby which you can catch to and from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brettyboy
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I would recommend Eastside Lodge to any one seeking reasonably priced yet very clean place to spend a day or two in downtown Portland. Its very close to the Pearl District \ downtown (10 mins walk) 5 mins bike ride.

Its managed by elderly couple who is very nice and friendly !

Room Tip: choose a room on inner side .. road facing rooms might be a bit nosier
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple