“Great Location”

Park Lane Suites & Inn
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The suites look a little sketchy when you first arrive. But, once in the room it's an improvement. We had some stains on carpet and furniture. But, all in all it was clean, QUIET, and comfortable beds

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lew w

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Last night was my third stay at this hotel. A couple of years ago my partner and I stayed in one of the suites at the Park Lane and it was fantastic - very much like a small condo. The kitchenette was great, it was quiet, the beds were comfy - we were very pleased.
Last night we stayed at the Inn across the street. The accommodations are very minimalist: you get a bed, tv and a table and a couple of chairs, but the price was right. At $98 we had free parking and free wifi. Also free fruit and coffee in the lobby at reception.
The woman checking us in was a little harried, but this was likely because the internet was down since a tree further up the street toppled over during a storm and took out some wires (and a couple of cars, incidentally).
The only recommendation to people booking here would be to book on the top (2nd) floor if you can, that way you don't have anyone over head. By default, it will always be a little noisy if you have neighbours above, so this is a good way to avoid that.
The only other critique is that there isn't an alarm clock, or a clock in general in the room. Perhaps you can request one from the desk and also I guess I'm a luddite, but its nice to have an alarm clock next to the bed (for me at least).
Park Lane Suites is located next to a ton of cool cafes, shops and bars just on the other side of Burnside, and within walking distance of the Pearl District. Really good bang for your buck.
Also, they were kind enough to let us leave our car until 3pm today while we were waiting to check in to another hotel (which charges $25 a day for parking).
I will continue to come back here!

Room Tip: The suites are nice if you have a little more to spend. If you stay at the Inn, ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights. We were in the main building not at the inn which is across the street. Upon arriving after a long drive, we headed to the lobby to check in. There was no one at the desk. We waited and waited and not a single person showed up. We tried calling and we just sat there listening to the phone in front of us ring. A guy finally showed up and asked if we were checking in, we said yes of course and he said that someone would be there soon. He sat down and started shoving food into his face. We waited 30 minutes to check in! When the guy finally showed up, we got no apology or anything. They should not make people wait that long to check in, it's ridiculous! We made it to our room which was a suite. It was a good size for the money and it was also pretty clean. They have free wi-fi but the signal was so horrible it wouldn't load any pages. The parking is pretty limited as well. Parking in the day is no problem but one night we got back after midnight and ended up having to park a few blocks away on a random street. They definitely should have enough spots for all of their guests! The employees don't seem to care much about guests. They can have the best rooms ever but the bad services trumps everything. We did bump into a housekeeper that was very nice, maybe she should teach the front desk something about customer service!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for the LA Galaxy away game against Portland Timbers and was so happy it was as nice as I remember from last year! We had to wait a few hours for a room to be ready as there were a lot of people in town, so it was understandable. We walked EVERYWHERE around the stadium & hotel and to the Rose Garden/ Japanese garden... SO EASY! Anywhere you can't walk, the MAX is amazing! Stop right down the street from hotel. Alex at the front desk helped with anything we asked. Great guy! Rooms are very big with kitchenette and fridge!!!

Such a class establishment! A+

Room Tip: Inn rooms are small w/ no kitchen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you don't mind walking (my wife and I are avid walkers and try to get at least 4 miles in each day). It is a vigorous walk to downtown and the Pearl district but Portland is such a great city to walk in. Very handy for Washington Park and the many shopping and eating establishments on 21st and 23rd streets. Very clean and well furnished one bedroom, kitchenette, living room and bath suite. Plenty of room if you are staying for several days. Staff very friendly and helpful. For the price and quiet location I have found nothing better. A real value! Not so sure about the Inn across the street that is apart of the same property.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the back of the hotel. Very quiet. There is no restaurant. The elevator is the quietest...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I got into Portland close to midnight for a conference presentation the next day. The one train from the airport to a train stop that was only 5 minutes from the hotel was great. I had to check in late which was no problem. I was able to print off slide notes for my presentation in the middle of the night. The walk into town was pleasant with cherry blossoms all over the hotel's neighbourhood. I liked the free coffee and cookies available at the desk. The staff were super friendly. The room had everything that I needed: wifi, iron and ironing board, two cold drinks in the fridge, nice bathtub, good TV, great little table for getting my work done, and the two complementary instant breakfasts. The drug store (2 minutes walking distance away) had all the extras I needed. I will stay there again when I most certainly visit surprisingly awesome Portland again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suites section, so I can't tell you about the other rooms across the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wagamamanekoTO
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I found this hotel nice and clean, with a modern room. The location was great for me as it's a 5 minute walk to the Park, a 15 - 20 min. walk to downtown and in a pleasant location. The staff was friendly but there really isn't a cont. breakfast, and no coffee in room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo