“Good Value for the Price”
Review of Ramada Portland

Ramada Portland
Ranked #75 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently stayed here while my floors were being refinished. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very surprised at the quality given the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank s0krm0m

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were quite happy with our 3-night hotel stay here. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable; the breakfast was actually a hot breakfast, not just donuts and coffee (good biscuits); the location was fairly convenient; and it was near a pod of food carts.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank terryls
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I wa not sure about staying here since the price was that of a three star hotel, but the reviews changed my mind and I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised, from the time I walked in the front door, it was very neat and clean. The staff was friendly, the price was outstanding! I went to the room and it was a rad small, but why do I need a huge room. It was very clean, microwave and fridge, comfortable bed. All in all, well worth the stay, in the past, I have paid a lot more for something not as nice.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Ranbud
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Nice clean rooms, great breakfast, friendly staff. Price well. Will continue to use each time I go to Portland.

Room Tip: Have stayed at this hotel many times in different rooms and floors. All nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyceasprague
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Fairly decent for the price. Room was nothing to brag on but not the worst I have been in. Breakfast was horrible, if you have kids keep looking. Towels were good quality but the bathroom was of course not clean. We all know tha bathrooms are always overlooked by staff. Carpets were dirty but not smelly. staff was quite anti social.

Room Tip: Like I said, if you have kids look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tizmyn
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I hesitated to book this hotel because I read some reviews that said it was a dump. My daughter and I stayed here because it was located close to the folks we were visiting. I wanted to avoid the expensive hotels in downtown Oregon, the traffic congestion and the high hotel parking fees.

Some reviews said the area was a bad area...this concerned me but the hotel looked fine on line...was listed by a mall, Olive Garden etc. I felt safe at this location. It is however, not suburbia...it is in the city of Portland.

I would definitely stay here again! The hotel lobby was very welcoming, with leather chairs, a fireplace and book cases with books. There is a very nice computer and desk in the lobby. The breakfast offered fresh fruit, pastry, toast, biscuits, scrambled eggs, omelets, juice, cereal...etc...included in the price. The hotel did NOT smell musty..( as reported in other reviews). Hotel looked like it had new carpets etc. The room was updated, nice size...and very clean! The exercise room and hot tub was well maintained/clean.. Perhaps this hotel has been renovated since others stayed there. It is very easy to find from the airport..only 15 minute drive. Hotel is conveniently placed for easy access to downtown, (if you have a car) to the Columbia Gorge, and all the tourist attractions. Free parking. There are suburban type shopping centers, chain restaurants, Target, Urgent care...all located by this hotel. The area does have two stripper restaurants near by...but I noticed these scattered through out Portland, not just by this hotel. The Adele Art area is a 20 minute drive...loaded with restaurants and art galleries etc. Close access to the interstate system. Area is close to Lloyd Center...where you can have access to central transportation. (Hotel is less expensive than hotels in Lloyd Center) You will pass older homes, some in need of repair...mixed with well kept homes in the outlaying area. This is a middle class area.

This is such an inexpensive hotel for Portland. $55.00 a night. A BARGAIN. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

If you are in Portland and want to walk to everything..this is not a good hotel for you. They do have a shuttle to/from airport. WiFi is free.

Room Tip: Book via Kayak or another bargain site. for best price. I paid in advance for a 20% discount. I st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank serenitynowOhio
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Stayed two nights and loved every minute of it! The location was great, free parking, the service was fantastic both check in and out were easy and quick. Breakfast was nice and fresh and we loved the fitness centre! We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Econo Lodge Portland Airport
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Days Inn Portland Central
Days Inn Portland Central
#104 of 146 in Portland

Been to Ramada Portland? Share your experiences!