Ramada Portland
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$217
US$203
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$244
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sentinel(Portland)
US$234
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Free cancellation until 30/05
US$299
US$275
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyyogurtmorning breakfastfree breakfasthot tubthird floorhot breakfastpleasant stayfront desk clerkwould stay againconvenient locationwe've stayedfree parkingfreewaymicrowavetarget
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel is in a good location, about 5 to 10 mins by car to downtown. The king room I had came with fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
Bed was very comfortable with several pillows. Ac woeked very well. The shower had a very good flow and hot water came quickly.
The complimentary breakfast was decent with omlette serving as the hot item.

Overall I felt that the hotel was an excellent value for money.

Tip:
Request for a room at the back of the hotel. It faces a very quiet road.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank kaputabo
Sandra C, Manager at Ramada Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for the the very nice review regarding the hotel. We are pleased to know how well your stay went.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The only thing that disappointed me was the girl at the front of the desk who didn't seem to like her job. She was very quiet and not very helpful. Other wise it is a very nice and very clean hotel. The parking lot is alittle small and if the front is full you have to park out back but there is no way into the building if you park out back that we could find so you have to walk around the building to the front. The room was very clean and a nice size. Back the girl on the front desk we approached her to find out where a good place to eat and she seemed clueless. I asked her about the restaraunt across the street her response was well I ve had breakfast there its not bad. Then she said well there is Olive garden down the street but don't know much else. The complimentary breakfast was good and well stalked. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frazzeled

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always strive to help our quest to the best of our abilities, I am sorry that on this visit we didn't do that. I read in your review that you needed to use our back parking lot while here. For your next visit, there is an entrance at the back of the hotel that you need to use your room key to unlock. Along with Elmers Restuarant across the street we also have Olive Garden, Red Robin, Portland Seafood company and McMenamins Pub all with in walking distance. If you need something fast we have quite a few fastfood places within 4 blocks of walking.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Upon late-night arrival, my first reaction to the neighborhood was...what have I gotten us into? I needed assurance that I had indeed booked the Ramada and all would be okay.

We had pre-paid two nights on our road-trip to see Coldplay at the Rose Garden (yea, Chris Martin!), so more than my family travel cred was on the line. The room would have to at least function as base camp for our stay. My wife's look of horror indicated that unanticipated flashing neon strip-clubs were definitely NOT on the itinerary.

I was pleasantly surprised, however, when we arrived on hotel property. The staff was friendly and lot parking to the rear was superb. We could run down and grab what we needed and re-enter using our key instead of having to go all the way back around.

The room was small but quiet, simple yet clean. I felt safe. We had a place to decompress from our voyages to Powells (yea, Powells!), Bob's Red Mill and Veggie Grill. Parking and wifi were free and without hassle. The price was fair. In short, it was just about everything we needed it to be and a little more.

So: less than a castle but way better than the streetside first impression. A good spot to circle the wagons if you have one (Suburus flock here to mate, apparently). If you don't have a car or just prefer public transport, a short bus ride takes you to the metro. I usually opt for this in urban settings so file it that we paid meters and venue prices and dealt with some of the worst in-town traffic I've ever dealt with rather than come back late via rail/bus.

This may sound over-the-top, but I'd rather drive Manhattan or Chicago or Boston than deal with one-way suicide of Portland in the rain. And that was with my Garmin to help me. I believe Portland traffic is a public-service announcement to leave the car behind.

So if parking the car and leaving it behind is your preference, consider my failure as guidance and plan accordingly. I COULD have gone that route, which is always nice...but I opted not to. Which says all you need to know if that's important to you.

It worked for what we needed and we survived. But surely you can find Portland options with a better sales line than that!

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the back where you can be near your car for supplies and peace of mind.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently stayed here while my floors were being refinished. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very surprised at the quality given the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank s0krm0m
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were quite happy with our 3-night hotel stay here. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable; the breakfast was actually a hot breakfast, not just donuts and coffee (good biscuits); the location was fairly convenient; and it was near a pod of food carts.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family