“Just Fine & Nothing Special”
Review of Ramada Portland

Ramada Portland
Ranked #65 of 140 Hotels in Portland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We found an excellent rate online for this property. While visiting family over Christmas we wanted our own space. I enjoyed the airport shuttle pick-up, and the very energetic and welcoming front desk staff. As I requested a quiet room they changed the room assignment to one in back top floor away from Stark Street. The room itself was fine - a bit small but clean. We liked the 'easy access' to family and the restaurants nearby. However in the morning breakfast was a little rough.. there was no place to sit at first, so we carved out two chairs by the entryway. Though the staff was working hard they had trouble keeping up with the counter mess and spills on the floor. I liked they had yogart, boiled eggs and cereal, but the hot option (biscuits with gravy) is not something I ever eat - wished there had been more hot options. Then a wedding party stayed in the room next to ours - the noise level increased substantially both late evening and early morning..lots of people coming and going celebrating. I didn't complain to the front desk - it seemed the property was sold out, and I wasn't too sure they could move us anywhere quieter. Finally there was a strong odor in the stairwell - always reeked faintly of vomit. Just really unappealing with these odors and noisy people in the hallways. Started feeling like a dorm. I could see they are making an effort to improve - while we were there folks were painting the ceiling, and graciously apologized for the mess. I also liked the Christmas tree and decorations up in the main floor. All considering it was an okay stay, but if you want some peace and quiet you'll need to make the extra effort.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay in a back room top floor AWAY from Stark Street
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jklavier
greater seattle area
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the ramada inn easton portland as part of a group for a competition At Reed College which is another place you should visit. The service front the polite desk clerk was excellent. Although it is not the north for Ramada this one had a hot breakfast. The rates were very modest and there is a shuttle to the airport. The onramp to I 205 north is right there. There are many decent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank kelsiboxx
Nine Mile Falls
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great bed! !! Parking was horrid and no hot water for the morning shower. Value was good just wanted a hot shOwer in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Jennifer B
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed here one night when I visited a friend in Portland. This hotel isn't located in downtown Portland where all the action is. I must however admire the fact that it is accessible by light-rail (although a long ride). There is a Safeway nearby and a few other stores.

My room smelled of smoke and it put me off. I enjoyed using the hot-tub though. The breakfast was decent but nothing extraordinary. I was only here one night, so I didn't complain.

I would rather stay in downtown Portland than this part of town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Prav211
Powell Butte, Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Portland East Ramada with our dogs. The staff was very friendly and the room was more than we expected! The free breakfast was really very good with fresh eggs and sausage and cheese omelettes, yogurt and cereal, pastry and more. The fresh baked cookies in the evening were a nice touch too. Now that we know they have stay & fly we plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family