“Clean and Serviceable”

Four Points by Sheraton Portland East
Ranked #86 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The pool was OK - clean but in a small room. The free breakfast was a complete joke - the room with the food is a modified closet, and there's about 6 tables for the whole hotel.

But with expectations set appropriately, this wasn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were overall very good. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi are 24 hour. This chain is directly competing with lodging that offers full hot breakfasts included at no charge, but they offer merely a 'light continental breakfast', in their own words. As long as there is a restaurant on premises, a hotel will never have full, free hot breakfast for all guests.

We booked 2 rooms with intent of accommodating 8 guests. I now understand that Priceline is only a double occupancy service. The staff intended to place the 8 of us in single kings, stating that no 2-queen rooms are even available. At this point, I felt that no one was responsible and it was my mistake to live with. The lesson is do not use Priceline if you need more than 2 people in a room, use Hotwire instead, which books based on 4 per room if selected.

At check-in, I resumed my effort to get us 2 2-queen rooms. The clerk offered me 1 2-queen, and 1 1-king room. After going to the hotel website, I proved to the her that 2-queen rooms were available, and that the hotel rate for one actually dropped in the past hour, she said that there are only 5 unsold rooms that day and none of them were 2-queen rooms.

I asked if I want to book another 2-queen room separately directly with her, not Priceline, would I get another 2-queen room? She said yes. I told her that the hotel policy with 3rd party booking companies is a shell game. I was not happy.

When we came back in with our bags, she changed her mind and gave us 2 2-queen rooms. After that, the whole stay was perfect.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Portland East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Hi marcjenks, thank you for your review. I apologize for any initial confusion with your Priceline booking and I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate you with a room with two queen beds. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am at loss with regard on where to begin this. I am GOLD for starwood. The employees here is not professional, NOT even management. Manager is poorly acting woman with sloppy dressing. The waterbottle in room is kirkland, the pantry for sale items its kirkland, the toilet tissue is kirkland, all products including lightbulb is of cheapest wholesale costco brand varieties. This is not acceptable, this manager is not only show disrespect, but also do not allow me to checkout 145pm late and tell me I must pay for yet another day. In ASIA starwood hotels are of the best variety and guest is treated with utmost hospitality, this hotel is shoddy build motel style with rancid smell in rooms, worn holes in bedsheet and bad management. I have but only one request, Dear starwood please take but a second away from your excellent work in asia and take the time to set this management straight and invoke this franchise license.

They are riding the starwood brand and we the guests are the fools.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dhavel U

Hi Dhavel U, Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with our team. If you would like to discuss this this further please contact our general manager directly at lauren@asmhotels.com

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night before flying out of PDX. The traffic was a pain getting to and from downtown, but getting to the airport was not bad. The room was clean and spacious and staff were polite. The pool is open 24 hours-we didn't use it but there was a family playing in it at 930pm. The only thing we could complain about is the noise. Walls seemed pretty thin compared to other hotels-I could hear neighboring rooms TVs and playing children, and I'm sure our neighbors heard our crying baby when we got up for an early flight. Overall it was good & would probably consider it for a return trip to Portland if we didn't want to pay more for something downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed at Four Points Portland East July 24 - 29th. It was much farther east than I normally stay when in Portland but due to two conventions in town, it was closest I could find. Now if my business had been on the East side, it wouldn't have been bad but got caught in massive traffic slow downs on I-84 trying to get to meetings and appointments. On Friday it took over 90 minutes just to get to Lloyd Center! Traffic and drive time aside, the property was well maintained, clean and staff was very accommodating. I stayed in room 104 which had a strange design for the Jacuzzi tub was in the bedroom, not the bathroom. Why? I have no idea but the more perverted portions of my brain did enjoy a few fantasies. It was directly across from a small but functional workout room and an indoor pool. I was at first concerned about the noise but this turned out to not be a problem. The thinness of the walls between rooms though was. I turned the TV on at 6:30am on Friday to listen the news while I got dressed. Had the volume down to 10, a level at which I could hear but was blaring either. At 7am I received a call from front desk asking I turn the sound down for people next door complained about volume. I explained to the front desk that I already had volume set at only 25% of max and I objected to turning it down even more to levels where I had to strain to hear. I travel enough to know what it is like to have some jerk blaring the volume in a room next door while I try to sleep but I intentionally had the volume low as possible. This was the only noise complaint of my stay and as I said, I didn't have any issues. One thing I would suggest is even though hotel is non-smoking, the rooms had a strange odor. An investment by housekeeping in a large bottle of Febreze would go a long way to improving the issue. They do serve a nice continental breakfast each morning and restaurant, Francis Xavier's, has a nice selection of items for any meal of the day. Overall if you are traveling east or have business, family or friends in East Portland, Four Points East Portland is a nice option at a reasonable rate, but I would not recommend it for anyone with business west of I-205.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the west side or overlooking parking lot. Rooms on other side of building overlook N...
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are in the east side of Portland this is definitely the best choice! They are accommodating to any reasonable request, genuinely care about thier guests, and have a classy atmosphere which makes me proud staying there. Everyone I've referred to stay there has been pleased, and Im always going back with expectations that are met or even exceeded :) Will be there again next week!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed here one night before leaving early in the morning for a flight back home. It's a good place, and good value. Rooms are nice; a bit dark, but cozy beds, good internet, and a nice TV. Bathroom is a bit odd, and no tables or vanity to put your toiletries, so I ended up using the side table outside the bathroom for everything. Breakfast is very limited, but if you're looking to grab a bagel and some fruit, it's just fine. Staff was friendly, and the place is very clean.