“Great location to spend a week”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #74 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a normal Fairfield Inn, but the location was handy for several reasons. I stayed 4 nights while doing business in Portland. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable.

It is close to 205 and I was able to get to anywhere in Portland quickly for my appointments. I used one of Portland's wonderful New Seasons Market (like Whole Foods but local and less expensive) locations to buy a week's worth of food and eat from my room every night.

You can take a great 3 mile running loop along the Marine Drive behind the hotel along the Columbia River. It has spectacular views of Mount Hood combined with river views for a memorable run. This Fairfield has a nice breakfast with eggs and sausages, nice for us on a low carb diet.

This place will be my first choice next time I come to Portland.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MTIndiana

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A nice stay at an excellent Fairfield Inn. This is one of the best Fairfield Inns I have stayed at in the past few years. Rooms are clean, updated and quiet. Staff was great. The breakfast offered gets you off to a good start.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MoovinOn
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were visiting family in Portland and also wanted to go to IKEA so we picked this location. We would normally avoid Airport hotels unless we are actually using the Airport. Again we were pleasantly surprised. In spite of the planes flying overhead it was surprisingly quiet. The rooms are on the small side, but had all of the amenities. They had the best breakfast of all the places we stayed on this trip. It was the little extras like walnuts, raisins and brown sugar for the Oatmeal that made the difference. We stayed 2 nights and would not hesitate to return on our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deggs
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a case of changing management and staff and the risk to the staying public. I have stayed at this hotel more than any other - and I spend nearly 5 months a year in hotels - and found it friendly and accommodating. Recently there has been a management change. The evening I checked in, my wife asked, as she has for the past several years, asked if she could get a milk container to take to the room. No, "its against the rules. If I give you one, I'll have to give everyone one. My wife's persistence earned her the cherished milk container after some time. Later, I tried to print our plane tickets. It wasn't working. The other computer was being used by a woman doing something, so I left for a half hour and then returned. The woman was still on one computer and her child was on the other one. I asked the same desk person for some help. Mistake! The rules! She can't possibly leave the counter until the shuttle driver gets back and, yes, he just left for the airport. She might follow rules to the letter, but customer service is greatly lacking. Since then, we have stayed at the nearby Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: Until this location becomes reacquainted with better customer service, I can't think of a good t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MJBaer
Wembley C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

I am so sorry that your latest stays didn't live up to your expectation. The new general manager of this hotel starts in a few days, and it has been very difficult for all of us these last three months without one. I do hope you'll be willing to give us another shot once we get settled back down. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was in the Portland area for a few nights and stayed in this hotel. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. I arrived earlier than expected and the staff graciously let me check-in several hours early. Fairfields never disappoint. I will definitely stay in this hotel next time I am in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at this property on the last night of our trip to Oregon, using Marriott points and the location being close to the airport. At check in the afternoon of April 17, the desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly--getting a room cleaned so we could check in early. Since we had a rental car, we went ahead and dropped the car at the airport that evening and took the hotel shuttle back. The shuttle van was in very poor shape--interior dirty and very worn---not a good first impression for a traveler going to the hotel. But, the driver did say they were expecting a new shuttle van in a few weeks. The van served the purpose of the short trip to and from the airport and the drivers were very nice. The room was very clean and basic, not somewhere I would stay more than a night or two, as the mattresses are very cheap and the linens were very rough--something we haven't experienced in years of traveling. And please note there are trade-offs for staying near a busy airport--the airplane noise was very noticeable, but earplugs took care of most of that. In short--decent place for a one night stay and an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Remember earplugs if a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wembley C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites at the Portland airport. I do apologize for the state of our shuttle van, and yes, we will have a new one very soon. I am glad to hear that our drivers and our staff took good care of you during your visit!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was the second stay for us at this hotel, and we had a good nights sleep. The hot breakfast is what it is... decent and free! Location is very convenient to the airport, but also I-205 which is a quick hop across the river to Washington or about 10 miles to downtown Portland.

The front desk ladies are very helpful and friendly. We asked for an extra blanket upon arrival and was immediately accommodated. Also they referred us to a really good pizza place that delivers to the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Wembley C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you, I am glad you had a great experience here at our property!