“great hotel”

Ranked #65 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Eugene, Oregon
“great hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I use this a lot when flying out of Portland, OR. It's easy to get to, very clean (recently refurbished), excellent breakfast, and shuttle to the airport. They also have a package to leave your car there while you are gone.

Room Tip: has an elevator, but first floor is always nice when you have luggage
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank carbec51862

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I have read bad reviews about this hotel. None of them are true. This hotel is clean, pleasant, and comfortable. Look, the staff is amazingily friendly. Heather at the front desk made sure we had our rooms ready to go. The house keeping did an amazing job by putting our mess away and respecting our privacy. I have no complains. I must recognize our amazing shuttle driver Scott, from the Courtyard across the street. He was the most kind person I have met in town. I am hopeful to see him next time we come to visit. Everyone here upheld the Marriott quality we love.
Thank you guys!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cervando30
Enfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I only spent one night here but the staff was very friendly and the hotel clean and comfortable. You can't beat the location if you're flying out of Portland Airport. The shuttle van didn't even have to get on the highway and it took less than 10 mins. I will stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzanne Y
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a normal Fairfield Inn, but the location was handy for several reasons. I stayed 4 nights while doing business in Portland. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable.

It is close to 205 and I was able to get to anywhere in Portland quickly for my appointments. I used one of Portland's wonderful New Seasons Market (like Whole Foods but local and less expensive) locations to buy a week's worth of food and eat from my room every night.

You can take a great 3 mile running loop along the Marine Drive behind the hotel along the Columbia River. It has spectacular views of Mount Hood combined with river views for a memorable run. This Fairfield has a nice breakfast with eggs and sausages, nice for us on a low carb diet.

This place will be my first choice next time I come to Portland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MTIndiana
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A nice stay at an excellent Fairfield Inn. This is one of the best Fairfield Inns I have stayed at in the past few years. Rooms are clean, updated and quiet. Staff was great. The breakfast offered gets you off to a good start.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MoovinOn
New Meadows, Idaho
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were visiting family in Portland and also wanted to go to IKEA so we picked this location. We would normally avoid Airport hotels unless we are actually using the Airport. Again we were pleasantly surprised. In spite of the planes flying overhead it was surprisingly quiet. The rooms are on the small side, but had all of the amenities. They had the best breakfast of all the places we stayed on this trip. It was the little extras like walnuts, raisins and brown sugar for the Oatmeal that made the difference. We stayed 2 nights and would not hesitate to return on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deggs
Ocean Park, Washington
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a case of changing management and staff and the risk to the staying public. I have stayed at this hotel more than any other - and I spend nearly 5 months a year in hotels - and found it friendly and accommodating. Recently there has been a management change. The evening I checked in, my wife asked, as she has for the past several years, asked if she could get a milk container to take to the room. No, "its against the rules. If I give you one, I'll have to give everyone one. My wife's persistence earned her the cherished milk container after some time. Later, I tried to print our plane tickets. It wasn't working. The other computer was being used by a woman doing something, so I left for a half hour and then returned. The woman was still on one computer and her child was on the other one. I asked the same desk person for some help. Mistake! The rules! She can't possibly leave the counter until the shuttle driver gets back and, yes, he just left for the airport. She might follow rules to the letter, but customer service is greatly lacking. Since then, we have stayed at the nearby Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: Until this location becomes reacquainted with better customer service, I can't think of a good t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MJBaer
Wembley C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
I am so sorry that your latest stays didn't live up to your expectation. The new general manager of this hotel starts in a few days, and it has been very difficult for all of us these last three months without one. I do hope you'll be willing to give us another shot once we get settled back down. Thank you!