“BEST Courtyard Marriott EVER!”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Corvallis, Oregon
“BEST Courtyard Marriott EVER!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The people at Courtyard Marriott are so kind, nice and work so hard to make the customer happy. Shar, at the Front Desk, was outstanding, as was Island and Megan from the restaurant. We love to stay at this Courtyard Marriott so much because the people are so wonderful and make our trip so very special.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear HappyTrvlr2013,

What a great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and that Shae, Island and Megan took care of you. Come back and stay with us soon.

503-382-3144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We booked this hotel and realized it wasn't in the location we needed, but not until we arrived. Kelly at the front desk was so accommodating. She called a few other Marriotts and took care of us. Jeremy, the shuttle driver was friendly and told us about some parks to visit and some events happening during our stay. He drove us to the other Marriott by the river. Kelly went out of her way to ensure we received a good rate at the other Marriott and she did so with a smile. It's the best hotel I've never stayed at!

Dear Jo O,

Thank you for your five star review! I am thrilled to hear that Kelly and Jeremy took care of you. During your next trip to Portland, please stay with us.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Had a great experience booking a restaurant with the front desk staff named Marcy and offering their shuttle van to and from the restaurant. My customers were impressed with the accomadations, van promptness and restaurant chosen.

Also on my check out I mentioned that my room was above the outside bar area and the last 2 nights out of 4 were a bit noisey but not bad. I did not want anything it was just a comment and they took care of my breakfast meal without even asking me of anything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear craig y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am sorry to hear that the patio was a bit noisy the last two nights of your stay but I am happy to hear that Marcy took care of you. I hope when you return to Portland, you will choose to stay with us again.

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We thought we were staying at the Downtown Courtyard but, upon arrival, they had maps ready for the many others who thought they were staying downtown. "You'll go through some iffy neighborhoods but you'll be really close to the Convention Center." "Iffy" was right. However, the staff (valet and front desk) were exceptional, bending over backwards to help us out in whatever way they could. Rooms were spacious and clean, well-lit and air-conditioned...but the neighborhood was a little scary. We originally were going to eat DOWNTOWN at Jake's Crawfish (a nice walk from the other DOWNTOWN hotel) which the front desk acknowledged to be the best in Portland, but didn't want to have to pay $$ for parking. We found an exceptional BBQ place (Podnah's) in a changing neighborhood that had been frequented by Guy Fieri and worth the short drive...too bad it's not in DOWNTOWN. Very modern-styled hotel with a staff that was exceptional with easy access to the Columbia River Gorge...did I mention that it's not DOWNTOWN? If you have a convention there, this is a great place to stay; if just visiting Portland, try the other DOWNTOWN hotel. Don't make the same mistake we (and many others) did.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear FrankieFam,

I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience in my hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you found that my hotel is a “great place to stay” and that you found the “rooms to be spacious and clean, well-lit and air-conditioned”. Additionally, you mentioned that the staff was “exceptional”. I couldn’t agree with you more. I apologize for the confusion regarding our location. Portland is a very spread out city and labeling our hotel Downtown/Convention Center was the best way to indicate that we are downtown and close to the convention center. If you are looking for a hotel that is closer to the financial district than please note that Marriott approved the naming of those properties as “City Center”. Again, I apologize for the confusion but I hope my explanation clears things up for you.

seattle wa.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

i had a wonderful stay they even took us to the mall and all we had to do is call for them to pick us up. the information about places to go and see was great it's in walking distance of many places to eat and the convention center is very close to hotel. i plan on staying here every time i visit no question the room was very clean comfortable and quite can't beat having a peaceful sleep.

Dear easymoney341,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. I will let our housekeeping team know that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable-they will be thrilled to hear this! Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

Rochester
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed Friday the 16th for WWE show and loved the Hotel. We were treated great our check in started with" Susan" and she was a super we upgraded to a nicer room no problem to them making sure was in the room extra blankets, pillows and a nice gift bag telling us THANK-YOU for staying with them. We stay at Marriott's a lot but this one was Great Thanks Susan you do a great job I hope your recognized for your extra effort The Rockwell;s

Dear rocky525,

Thank you for your review! I love hearing about the great service my staff is known for. Susan is a new addition to our team and I am happy to hear that she provided you with 5 star service. I will congratulate her on a job well done.

Canby, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I wanted to stay at a hotel biking distance to the Pearl District and found this location to be an easy ride to the heart of Porlandia. At first, our reservations were mixed up by the reservation call center. When I spoke to Calla the manager about the matter she was very accomidating and made me feel like I was getting just that, "Customer Service". How she handled the matter made me feel good about moving forward and staying at the property. My experience with the other staff was very pleasant particulary our server Aly at the Charley's restaurant. He was very attentive and showed sincere interest about how our stay at the hotel. Also Abby was very accomidating in her preparation of our dishes. All of them had the servants heart and made our stay memorable. Both my wife and I would come back and stay for a night on the town, concert, or just a nice get away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear dax I,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear that Calla, Aly and Abby took great care of you! They are fantastic associates and I am lucky to have them on my team. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

Pkilbourne@csmcorp.net