“Excellent Visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Visit”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was an excellent stay at this outstanding hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of downtown Portland. It is convenient to downtown, business areas, restaurants. The staff were all very nice and professional. The rates were reasonable for this area. I look forward to another great visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear GabrielR89,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review! I am happy to hear that you found my staff to be nice and professional and that our location worked out well for your needs. I hope you return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Richmond
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently stayed here for an event at the convention center, and this was such a convenient place to stay. Only about 3 blocks away so no need to drive- the walk is easy.

Usually hotel restaurants are very average, but this Courtyard did not have the same bistro set up as many of the other remodeled Courtyards do. The restaurant had delicious dinners (Pasta one night, Roasted Chicken another) and also had a great breakfast buffet. The food was cooked well & not greasy. Additionally, great service and reasonable prices for the food.

There's a nice bar area too, with traditional bar seating, but also additional lounge type seating & several TV screens to watch.

My only complaint was that the wireless internet was spotty (a few of my colleagues also mentioned they were having trouble with this). Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms have two different curtains- sheers & room darkening. Great for avoiding the morning sun.
Dear J M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with our wireless. We recently upgraded this system and have heard nothing but positive feedback regarding the improvements we have made. During your next stay, I would love to speak to you about how we can improve this for you.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

People were very nice and helpful but the accommodations were just mediocre. for the price we paid. The staff did a great job whenever I had a need or a question about the Portland area. Truly a pleasurable group

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be nice and helpful. I would be interested in speaking to you about how we can improve our accommodations. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 October 2013

As first time visitors to the Portland area we had a lot of questions about things to do, places to see and how to get there. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Any time of day or night they had excellent restaurant reviews, travel directions, or answers to questions about the area. Kelly was especially helpful in suggesting a route for a day trip to the beautiful Oregon coast - including places to get a great, local meal. The room was top notch and the lounge area with the outdoor fire pit is beautiful.

Dear RRandy11,

Thank you for your five star review! I’m thrilled to hear that Kelly made such a fantastic impression on you and that you found our rooms, lounge area and fire pit to be top notch. I hope that you will return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here one night in PDX, however my stay was excellent. This is a two block walk from the convention center Max stop. I didn't utilize their bar or breakfast, but the wifi was fast and the rooms were clean. We asked them to hold quite a bit of luggage for us after we checked out and they provided that service with no problems. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Kosmo11,

Great five star review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience and that you found our rooms to be clean and our Wi-Fi fast. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The service here was excellent. The staff was extremely accomodating to everything that we needed. Our server at breakfast was so pleasant and polite (Thank you, Magdalena!!). Additionally, we needed a lift to a dinner meeting that was a bit of a hike. The hotel was so accomodating and sent us in a hotel shuttle. The driver was so polite and personable (I wish I knew his name!!!). The hotel has nice accomodations and served the purpose for a stopping point while attending a conference at the convention center. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business trip like this. Thanks for the great service!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Lizzy02013,

Thank you very much for your five star review! I am happy to hear that you found Magdalena to be pleasant and polite. It sounds like our complimentary hotel shuttle worked out well for your needs. I will congratulate Magdalena and the shuttle drivers on a job well done.

Olympia, WA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent one night here, arriving late, but there was plenty of parking ($18/day). Valet parking was available for only $3 more. Note: On weekends, valet is the only parking option. The staff gave us a warm welcome and the restaurant and bar were busy. Gorgeous decor!

Our room was very clean, and the bed was super comfy. Our 10 year old daughter slept on the sofa bed, and there were clean linens in the closet for that. Free Wi-Fi was wonderful

We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, "Charley's On Grand." The waitress was so nice to us and to our daughter. The service was prompt and the food was delicious.

Because of our busy schedule, we were unable to enjoy the pool and fitness center. But everything looked so inviting, I wish we had.

The following morning, we ate breakfast at Charley's and the food was great. Cold potatoes, but because of the outstanding service, I didn't say anything.

Newspapers were available in the lobby, as well as "The Market" where you can purchase snacks and other items.

The location is fantastic, with public transportation right outside and lots of things within walking distance. The freeway access was hassle-free.

A great stay in a fantastic city!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear chadrach3,

What a great review! Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the potatoes; I will address this with our food and beverage department while also congratulating them for providing great service to you and your daughter. I’m glad to hear that you had a great stay in our fantastic city!