“great location”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a groupon. Very clean and great location. Rooms are a little on the small side. Staff at check-in were very quick. I worked from the room. Free wifi is not free. I also ordered room service. I thought how long could it take to get my order up a few floors. Food was great, but very cold. I wonder what it could have been? Service took about an hour and the hotel seemed quiet. I will stay here again in the future. I'll just go down stairs for dinner. I will also park on the street. Parking is an additional $18.00.

Room Tip: park on the street and save $18.00
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Mike P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in my hotel. Thank you for your 5 star rating of our cleanliness! I am sorry to hear that your room service order, while the food was great, was delivered cold. I will share your experience with my room service team to ensure that this does not happen again. I would like to clarify our Wi-Fi offering. We do have free Wi-Fi in our guest rooms and all of our public spaces. Our free offering provides up to 5 mbps of speed. Guest can choose to purchase a higher speed offering of up to 15 mbps for just $4.95 a day. During your next visit, I would be happy to show you the screen that provides the option for free Wi-Fi. All Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards members automatically receive the faster speed option for free as a membership benefit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for several days after a convention. Place was clean and the people were all very pleasant and friendly. First day was in a room with two beds. We moved to a room with a King size bed for the rest of the stay. The King is definitely a better room as it has a couch as well. Breakfast was a buffet that was supposed to cost $13 but they gave us free coupons several days. Convenient to the train station for going almost anywhere in Portland including the airport. Did not need a car at all.

Room Tip: Go for the King
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoinCT809

Dear BoinCT809,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our “good location, great service and great breakfast”. We look forward to providing you with another great experience during your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

5 guys on way home from golf trip to Bandon Dunes. Mechanical issues (in the air) on 7 seater from North Bend to Portland force us to turn back and into a long drive and night stay in Portland. I took the reigns in finding our hotel and being a Marriott guy - picked this one - location was good for getting out and about and blowing off some steam after our nerve-racking experience.
The hotel vastly exceeded our expectations across the board.

Chris checked us in - was extremely professional, friendly and helpful and took excellent care of our group.

As would be expected with 5 battle weary guys on a golf trip fresh off a near death experience (slight exaggeration) - we spent some time at the bar. Food, drinks, clientele and staff were excellent. Special shout out to Amber and Marcie - professional, smart, funny and accommodating - I can't say that I remember having more fun at a hotel bar - so thanks. If you read this - don't forget to check out John Butler Trio.

What could have been completely miserable ended up being a lot of fun - I highly doubt we could have picked a better hotel.

Next time any of us are in Portland on purpose - we're staying there…

Adam

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adam s
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear adam s,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you recovered well from your “nerve wracking experience” while enjoying a few cocktails in my bar. I will share your review with Chris, Amber and Marci and congratulate them on a job well done.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Staff was very friendly and over accommodating in all areas of the Hotel. Front desk staff went above and beyond making my stay as great experience as possible. Rooms were clean, comfortable and affordable. I will definitely stay here again. .Thank You, Courtyard Marriott Portland Convention Center!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Greg G,

Another great five star review regarding staff service! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience in my hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found my staff to be very friendly and our rooms very clean. Thank you very much for your business and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was an excellent stay at this outstanding hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of downtown Portland. It is convenient to downtown, business areas, restaurants. The staff were all very nice and professional. The rates were reasonable for this area. I look forward to another great visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear GabrielR89,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review! I am happy to hear that you found my staff to be nice and professional and that our location worked out well for your needs. I hope you return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently stayed here for an event at the convention center, and this was such a convenient place to stay. Only about 3 blocks away so no need to drive- the walk is easy.

Usually hotel restaurants are very average, but this Courtyard did not have the same bistro set up as many of the other remodeled Courtyards do. The restaurant had delicious dinners (Pasta one night, Roasted Chicken another) and also had a great breakfast buffet. The food was cooked well & not greasy. Additionally, great service and reasonable prices for the food.

There's a nice bar area too, with traditional bar seating, but also additional lounge type seating & several TV screens to watch.

My only complaint was that the wireless internet was spotty (a few of my colleagues also mentioned they were having trouble with this). Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms have two different curtains- sheers & room darkening. Great for avoiding the morning sun.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear J M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with our wireless. We recently upgraded this system and have heard nothing but positive feedback regarding the improvements we have made. During your next stay, I would love to speak to you about how we can improve this for you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

People were very nice and helpful but the accommodations were just mediocre. for the price we paid. The staff did a great job whenever I had a need or a question about the Portland area. Truly a pleasurable group

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be nice and helpful. I would be interested in speaking to you about how we can improve our accommodations. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.