“Thanks to the lobby person Jeremy”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Thanks to the lobby person Jeremy”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had a big headache and the hotel market did not have the beverage I wanted(non alchoholic) but about 15 minutes later Jeremy at the lobby bought two bottles of this drink and brought it to my room. Thanks for saving me from walking 3 blocks in the rain to buy the drink!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear J Y,

Thank you for your great review regarding the exceptional service that you received from Jeremy. I will commend Jeremy on a job well done. Please come back and stay with us sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a great time at this hotel and honestly the bartenders including Marcie were incredible but there bar selection and food is low quality and they are missing fun alcohol like fireball. Other then that the food was bland and I would recommend dining somewhere else. If your looking for great atmosphere decent drinks and wonderful service stay here on your next vacation.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Lancealotdrapeau,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that Marcie took great care of you and that you found that we had a great atmosphere with decent drinks and wonderful service. I am sorry to hear that you felt the food was bland. We typically receive very high marks for our food quality. If you could please contact me at your convenience, I would like to find out what you ordered and how you feel that we could improve upon it. I hope you return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

Bayview, Idaho
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Each and every employee was superb in their duties! Kelly and Tiffany at the front desk. Marisol in house keeping, and Matt the valet ;). Even employees on their way into the building, greeted us and SMILED! What a wonderful group of people. Our room was spotless and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear cindyferrell36,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am thrilled to hear that Kelly, Tiffany, Marisol and Matt were superb in their duties. They will be congratulated on a job well done. I am also happy to hear that you found your room to be spotless and quiet. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I normally stay with friends while I'm in Portland, so I wasn't familiar with hotels in the area. Came across this hotel after I was done shopping at the Lloyd Center. The hotel, for the most part, is clean. My room did have a strong odor that smelt like window cleaner, but it was clean and I was happy. The staff is somewhat nice, they say hello, but sounded very cold towards me. Despite that, I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear KCK503,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community-I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience regarding how we can improve our staff service. We pride ourselves in delivering five star service and I welcome any feedback regarding how we can improve. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I thought I had booked a room at another hotel, and was disappointed that this property was not that one. However, the hotel staff, specifically Tiffany, was so accommodating, and the hotel was so well-appointed, that I made the decision to stay. I was not disappointed! Tiffany recommended a great restaurant (Frank's noodle house), and when we returned from dinner, I found a hand-written note, thanking me for staying, along with chocolates and wine. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor, 2 queen beds-room was huge
Dear Janet B,

What a great five star review! I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that Tiffany went above and beyond and that you would definitely stay here again. Frank’s Noodle House is amazing and we highly recommend it. Happy holidays!

Orient, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived at midnight, three am our time, and there was a problem with our room. Our initial disappointment was smoothly handled with a taxi over to another hotel which was actually a higher rated place. What happened next is was put this Marriott over the top. In the am, we returned to the Marriott and found a hand written note of apology and a bottle of local wine to enjoy, a points credit on our account, and an offer to enjoy dinner with our family on them if we wanted. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. The manager on duty, Calla, definitely understands customer service. We tell everyone about our visit and will be returning next time we see the grandchildren.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Elisa R,

Thank you for your five star review. I am so happy to hear that Calla took such great care of you. I look forward to meeting you in person during your next trip to visit your grandchildren. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I do a lot of business travel and found the front desk check in to be pleasant and fun. Both Jeremy and Chris were professional, with Jeremy being especially funny!

The breakfast experience and customer service by Island was great, she added spice to the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing a side street for a bit less traffic noise.
Green Features: Having stayed at many different types of hotels, I found this location to be as good as any other top notch environmentally-friendly hotel.
Dear Ben C,

Thank you for your five star review. Thank you for mentioning our great customer service. I will congratulate Jeremy, Chris and Island on a job well done. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.