Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
US$299
US$275
US$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewscourtyard marriottfront desklloyd centertypical courtyardmoda centerbreakfast buffetvalet parkingfull service restaurantstreet parkingred robinlight railfew blocksmax stationpublic transportationrose gardenfire pitwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My sister and I decided to meet midway between our home towns of Ukiah, CA and Athol, ID for a 1st time Sisters Getaway. Neither of us had been to Portland to visit before so we were very pleasantly surprised that the hotel we picked was so wonderful! Walking distance to public transit system was invaluable! Walking distance to eating establishments (had a great Anasazi bean burger at Burgerville), drug store, Convention Center. ALL the staff were gracious and ready to help any time we had a question. Tiffany, Kelly, Matt, and Marisol were just a few of the many exceptional employees we had the pleasure of meeting. There was always a smile, hello, or "Can we assist you with anything?" Our room was perfect! Very up to date and clean. Cleanest room and BATHROOM I've seen in a long time! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Karen K,

Another amazing five star review! I am thrilled to hear that our location worked out perfectly for your trip with your sister. Our location offers many benefits and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of them. I will congratulate Tiffany, Kelly, Matt and Marisol on a job well done. I am happy to hear that you found your room to be the cleanest you had seen in a long time. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their work and it shows. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Convention Center 12/23/2013 and highly recommend this location. We received a no-charge room upgrade, prompt, friendly valet service, front desk assistance with early check-in at another Marriott property, and wonderful service in the the lounge. Thanks to Lindsey, Stan, and the rest of the Marriott staff for making this a destination on our next trip to Portland.

Dear Larry L,

Thank you for your fantastic five star review! I am happy to hear that you experienced great service from my staff, Lindsey and Stan in particular. I will congratulate them on doing a fantastic job. I hope you return as a guest of our sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We had outstanding check-in service from a trainee employee, Edward. When I complimented him, he told me he was in training. My husband runs a business, and proper training is crucial. I wanted to let you know of our great experience.

Susan Phillips

Dear Susan P,

What a great review regarding the service you received from Edward! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I will congratulate him on a job well done.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at Courtyard Marriott on Dec 23rd and Dec 24th 2013.The location was great.Its very close to Loyld Center Mall and the Convention Center.We were greeted by the Front desk Staff. The room had a good view too and it was clean.They have a Restaurant in the Lobby which serves you good food at reasonable price.Overall the experience was great.We had a wonderful stay.Special thanks to the staff ( a lady) present on the front desk.She helped us to find a place to eat on Dec 25th,when all the places are closed.Thank you.

Room Tip: Don't valet park or Self park.This place has lots of street parking available.

Dear Pal371,

Thank you for your wonderful review of my hotel. I am happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean, had good food in the restaurant and experienced great service from my staff. Please come back and stay with us sometime soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in other hotels of similar ratings n pricing...but really never noticed this one. Front entrance tucked onto a side street. Was nicely surprised by the modern and tastefully decorated lobby. Friendly staff all around. Large elevators n common areas to accomodate guests comfortably. Room was decent sized with comfortable bed. Room had lots of plug ins for convenience. Free wifi was decent. Only room was not as up to date as the lobby was. Overnight parking charge of $18.00. Can be overcome by meter street parking. Walls were a bit thin. Overall if price is right would consider to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Josefina R

Dear Josefina R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Street parking is limited in the Lloyd District so our underground parking garage is a great value at currently $18 for self-parking during the week (valet only on weekends at $21). Happy New Year!