Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Trip”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great trip, Special thanks to Karuna, Angie, and Mary! Excellent service provide by them! Highest recommendations! Karuna was our waitress and bartender, she made us very comfortable. To meet her, you would feel like your on a little mini-vacation all in itself.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Dan B,

What a great review! Thank you for mentioning that you received excellent service from Karuna, Angie and Mary. If your travels bring you to the Portland area again, I hope that we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us.

503-382-3144

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My co-workers and I stayed at this hotel while attending the Portland home and gift show at the convention center. Everyone was very hospitable and made us feel welcome from the first minute we arrived until the last. The shuttle service was exceptional! Huge shout out to Angie! She suggested great places for dinner and to wind down after very long work days. The restaurant in the hotel was fantastic as well. Our server, Karuna was great! She made suggestions of things to do in the city as well. Everyone made our group of Pittsburgher feel very welcome! I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely being staying here again if I'm ever in Portland!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear ndemonte,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you found everyone to be very hospitable. It sounds like Angie and Karuna took great care of you as well! I will thank them for doing a fantastic job. If you ever venture out west again, please consider staying with us.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My friends and I came from Florida. We had an awesome experience staying at this hotel. Right outside of the city center, but really easy to get to. Especially with Marriot's free shuttle service. All the staff was great! Shout out to Angie for being super helpful and kind throughout our stay there.

Room Tip: Perfect room for 3, King bed plus sofa bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Michele B,

Thank you for your fantastic five star review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in my hotel and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. I will thank Angie for doing a fantastic job. Please come back and stay with us sometime soon.

Roswell
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I had to book a hotel close by the Randall Children's Hospital due to a newborn grandson in the NICU there. I mentioned that to the front desk, and they went above and beyond in taking care of my needs. They were generous, kind, and concerned. I even received a sweet note under the door that will be put into the baby's memory book. The women in the restaurant were equally kind and courteous and generous. The evening staff in the restaurant prepared three great meals one evening for take out to the hospital. And the shuttle service to the hospital was so convenient, as the hospital is in a three-mile radius of the hotel. And everything about the room was just perfect. By the way, baby is home and thriving!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan C
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Susan C,

We are all so happy to hear that your baby grandson is home and thriving! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I could not be more proud of my staff. They all care a great deal about each guest and they work hard to ensure everyone's needs are met. I sincerely hope that you come back and visit us sometime soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My daughter and I were travelling here from east coast for a fencing tournament...big bags, time changes, stress. Every single person, from front desk to wait staff, to shuttle service was AMAZING. Martha, in particular, is my hero. She found a spot for my nervous fencer to practice. WOW. I am a tough customer and they all were great. Thank you!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank MelandTed
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear MelandTed,

Thank you for staying with us during the recent fencing tournament and thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience in my hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found every single person on my staff to be amazing and that Martha took the time to ensure that your daughter had a place to practice for the tournament. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Absolutely outstanding, in particular the entire incredibly friend staff. It is hard to pick anyone out because everyone was great from my pre-arrival, to the restaurant staff, to housecleaning and beyond. (Even a hotel repair man saw I was having some issues with my power wheelchair and stopped to ask if he could help.) I could write up kudos for everyone but I need to mention Calla at the front desk because -- before I arrived -- she went out her way to get me the special handicap room I needed and even emailed me directly to make sure it was going to be exactly what I intended. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels, and the level of service of Calla and everyone here was better than many five star brands -- while still at a mid-price point. Amenities, food, room, all great. A breakfast buffet with an omelet station for $13? Very impressive. (The beds were a bit firm for my liking and maybe not the most expensive, but fine for this level hotel). I like Marriott in general, but whoever manages this place should be promoted immediately. THIS is how you run a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side face a bright Wendy's sign. Fortunately there are great room darkening blinds...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EDG01
Dear EDG01,

What a great five star review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that we not only wowed you with our service but paid special attention to ensure that your needs were met during your stay. Thank you very much for stopping me in the lobby to tell me how wonderful your stay was and what a great job our Chief Engineer, Nick Trevino, had done in assisting you with your wheelchair. I have already congratulated Calla for delivering outstanding service. I hope that you will return as a guest of our sometime soon.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for a week while I was traveling on business. I have to agree with what everyone else says about the friendly staff. It's one thing to be pleasant, but these folks went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. The entire front desk staff were very accommodating and the young woman making the omelets (which were very good by the way) was more than willing to give me suggestions about what to see and do while I was in town. The hotel was top notch for courtyard, everything was clean and looked new. The only negative I had, and it's not the fault of the hotel at all, is the local homeless population. I think it's a problem all over Portland, but during my stay I was harassed almost violently while walking near the hotel and I witnessed a man relieving himself in the hotel bushes in the middle of the day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Matt W,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review! I greatly appreciate that you pointed out that my staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I am also happy to hear that you felt everything was clean and looked new. Please come back and stay with us again when you travels bring you to the Portland area.