“Impress your friends..”

Moon and sixpence
Ranked #970 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My first visit to Portland and I took friends. What a way to make an impression. Everyone loved the ambience and the food was authentic and totally to die for. I went for Fish and chips ( Im a Kiwi so that was a must have) an my friends ordered other items. The pasty was a huge hit and was shared around the table. We shared the Bread pudding. It was delicious. Could have had a tad more bite to the sauce, but still gave me visions on home.
This is all good Pub food.
The service was excellent and we never had to call someone over, they were in attendance at all times.
Take your friends for a unique dining experience.
Next visit to portland I will definitely go back..

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I've been going here for over 12 years and it never disappoints. Try the cider on tap and a pasty, the food is cooked to order so it takes a little longer than many places, but it's worth the wait :)

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were visiting in Portland when we stumbled upon the Moon and Sixpence completely by chance while looking for a place to wait for a friend who lives locally to join us. It has the plainest exterior, and I didn't even see a sign with its name--I had to ask the woman who served us. When we opened the door to come inside, what a treat! A traditional quiet, dim pub, with no noticeable TV, with a friendly hum of conversations here and there, a little louder in the darts throwing area. Admittedly, it was only 6PM, and who knows if TVs turn on later in the evening or music starts blasting from speakers--we can't attest to that. However, if you'd like to go somewhere in the early evening that serves a fine array of draft beers, with a full bar, a lovely, accommodating staff, and a nice pub menu, take yourself to the Moon and Sixpence on a quiet side street in Portland in the Hollywood neighborhood.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I dined recently at this British bar and it was not good. The place is charm-free and dirty. There was a hair on the table and in my salad. Plus, the restaurant has a gnat problem. I would highly not recommend.

Reviewed 8 September 2008

English--that should give you enough info.

1  Thank KyleDPDX