“Plant Based Eater - Stop here often!”

Blossoming Lotus Portland
Ranked #59 of 4,311 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dallas, Texas
“Plant Based Eater - Stop here often!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Seriously,Wow….we ended up eating here almost every day. It's simply some of the best plant based food there is. The sauces are lively and there's a broad spectrum of flavors, lots of non-gluten options. Has both raw and cooked options. The flu fighter shooter is worth the try and the southern BBQ (soy curles), may be the most impressive plant based meal I've ever eaten. Price for 2 was between $30-$60, extremely reasonable for this quality of food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul M

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Happy I found this gem”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a conference when I discovered this gem was just a short walk from my hotel (near the convention center). I loved the atmosphere, decor, the staff, and of course the food.
Since I don't eat soy, or faux meat I had limited choices, but was pleased enough to return again during my visit. Try whatever baked good they have to offer, and if you're there on a Sunday, I'd recommend their brunch. I ate with a meat-eater who was pleased by the end of the meal.
Glad I found this restaurant!

Jena, Germany
“Great vegan food, slightly pricey”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great vegan fare with a lot of surprisingly delicious combinations. The excellent quality and wholesomeness of the ingredients is easy to make out. Deep fried soy curls were such a revelation. Portions weren't huge but very filling. They seemed very understaffed to cater to the lunchtime crowd in a very busy part of the town. We had to wait quite a while to be seated. But the wait as well as the slightly high prices were well worth it. The place looks like your usual hippie hangout but has a very relaxed feel to it. No one rushes you to leave quickly, even when they seem to be overflowing. Would definitely encourage to give it a try!

• Visited May 2013
Brownsville, Oregon
“Absolutely scrumptious!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Blossoming Lotus in Portland is my favorite restaurant on the planet! The food is absolutely delicious, the staff always pleasant and helpful, the cocktails and mocktails are heavenly! I live 2 hours south of Portland, but will make the trip just to eat at Blossoming Lotus. Their gluten free options are fantastic!

• Visited October 2013
Port Townsend
“Best Vegan Restaurant in the Universe”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After seven visits to this restaurant, I must say it is my all time favorite. As a vegan who desires raw foods, I put my cares to rest, as to the integrity of the ingredients used and the flavors, produced by the kitchen staff reflect unparalleled talent and panache. They do it every time.

The menu this autumn features a raw lasagna for $16.00. It was not too big, but certainly not 'chic' small, by any means, compared to the small portions I've endured at, say, City Hall in NYC.

This restaurant alone justifies my many trips to this wonderful city. No restaurant comes close anywhere.

Sometimes, one has to wait to be seated. The staff know this and provide a sign-in sheet to avoid any misunderstandings, as to seating order.

The "cheesecake" is not a large item at $8.00. It has to be tried at least once, though. Tonight is the first time I didn't order it.

• Visited October 2013