“Delicious hip vegan restaurant”

Blossoming Lotus Portland
Ranked #9 of 4,815 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Blossoming Lotus serves organic, freshly made, vegan world cuisine with delicious cooked and live food options. We are open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Weekdays 9:30am-9pm (10pm Friday) Weekend Brunch 9:30am-3pm Weekend Dinner 5pm-9pm (10pm Saturday)
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I came here with a small group on Cinco de Mayo on a quasi-work related outing.

We had a reservation, and our table was awaiting us. The server promptly took our drink orders and gave us time to look over the menu. Service was excellent!

The restaurant was pretty full and energetic but not too loud. Not too fancy in the typical Portland manner.

My favorite small plates were the sweet potato hummus and the fingerling potatoes. The menu does change a bit. I had the vegan butternut squash tacos for my entrée and thoroughly enjoyed them. Our party selected from the variety of beers offered, always a treat in Portland.

Overall, this is a great place for a vegan meal (non-vegans will love it, too, unless, of course, you are craving a steak or hamburger). The menu changes seasonally, but the number of options should suit all members of a party.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Visited for Sunday brunch; very busy spot, close quarters for tables. Service a bit slow, but they WERE busy. Waitress was very accommodating with extra orders, and questions happily answered. Food very good, servings are very ample. If you have a small appetite, you might want to order a la cart. Interesting smoothies also available. Cinnamon rolls to die for, with vegan cream cheese drizzle.
The noise level is pretty high as the crowd gathers, so don't go if you have a headache. Atmosphere sunny and cheerful. Hope to be back for dinner sometime.
Parking is a significant issue...it's streetside, free and hard to grab. If you want to walk a ways, you could park over at/near Lloyd Center.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Had brunch at this place and it is simply amazing. If people could dine like this at every meal, nobody would eat meat. It's a very cool space, extremely friendly, professional service, outstanding food and huge portions. The Cinnamon Roll is out of this World. Can't wait to return and support this amazing establishment.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We ate here for a family birthday celebration. I had the cheeseburger, my wife had the tacos. Both were excellent. The service was great, the atmosphere was friendly. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

My omnivore husband named this restaurant as his favorite from our visit to Portland. That's saying something! The rest of us were a collection of vegans and vegetarians and we, of course, were also delighted with our food. As my husband later said, "The restaurant didn't have kale in every dish. They just made good, satisfying vegan food."

We all loved the inventive menu. I also will give a shout out to the tofu dish, which was a big hit with my very picky toddler.