“Cool vibe but the service and food were lackluster”
Review of The Driftwood Room

The Driftwood Room
Ranked #134 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We started w martinis bendricks for me, glass and drink were not cold and served w a lemon rather than a cucumber, bad start. We had the chartreuse and cheese which was good. As an entree we split the mac and cheese which was mediocre at best and I had the pork belly on rye as the server recommended, whic g was very good,and my wife had the ham and cheese sandwich as was also rec and itt was greasy but average. I had my entree with no cocktail nor water which is a put off for me. Cool atmosphere but the other two places we have ate have had good atmosphere and great to excellent food and the same for the service (Cassidys and Andina)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I love this place. When I did a lot of performing in the hotel, I would go here for a meal and drink beforehand. When I was by myself I'd sit at the bar and chat with the bartenders. When I was on a date with my husband, we sat out in the lobby area. The food was always excellent, the drinks tasty and boozy, and atmosphere made me feel like I was back in time, yet it was still modern. I would recommend this place for any one traveling solo, with a date, or out for a birthday.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I cannot agree more with the reviewer who compared this lounge to "Mad Men" because that's exactly the way it seems. It is very dark and romantic and the lounge curves around a bit. It can get cramped when it's busy, but it's worth it. This place has an amazing happy hour menu and my husband and I got a lot of food for very little money.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Step back in Mad Men time to cocktails and appetizers. Be sure to try the barrel tastings ( literally on a barrel rib). A good spot for people who do not want to be seen together!

1  Thank steveberry2020
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Dark. The Driftwood Room is dark, trying to find a table and read the menu is a chore. But that all adds to the charm of this place. We found this place and guess what, it was Happy Hour. We bought a bottle of wine at a great price and had the Mushrooms - which was fantastic, and probably the best we every had.Say hello to Reed the bartender for us.