“Another great stay.. thank you modera”
Review of Hotel Modera

Hotel Modera
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Just arrived home from another great stay.. I received VIP wine on arrival, a thank you for repeat business, which was a wonderful welcoming touch. Staff at this property continue to be the best I have encountered anywhere.. The rooms are wonderfully clean and I also enjoy the bath products. The beds are wonderful. The wifi works very well, as well there is a business centre for printing. The onsite restaurant/bar used this trip for drinks with a friend, other stays I have ate ther and the food was wonderful.
The only issue I have is like some have mentioned is lack of sound proofing, although when needed a move to another room was very easy. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some other hotels in way of spas etc, but the caring staff will always make me want to come back. They go out of their way to provide information and make things right.
My only Portland Hotel is The Modera

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera again on your recent trip into Portland. We are very happy to hear that your experience was a positive one, worthy of another excellent TripAdvisor review. We are looking forward to having you with us again in the future!

Desmond Mollendor
503.484.1084

Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed 18 April 2011

My husband and I previously had a great experience with the Modera, so when business once again took us to the Portland area, we immediately booked the Modera. Once again, it did not disappoint!

The room had plenty of space, was well decorated and had more updated remodeling than the previous stay's room. The television was new, the furnishings spotless, and the bathroom well appointed. Although the front desk did not initially realize we had purchased a package that included wine and chocolate, once we informed them, they were extremely quick and friendly in bringing those items up.

Check in/out is very simple, especially if you do an advance purchase, the hotel is full of interesting artwork and a great ambiance, and the location is hard to beat.

Bottom line: Stay here. Just do it. It's absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I spend 150+ nights a year in a hotel, and the Modera is by far my favorite. I have now stayed here twice, and will return anytime I am in Portland. The staff is spectacular. Hotel Modera is modern and streamlined, yet not stuffy. Nel Centro, the restaurant on site, is excellent. Rooms are a bit on the small size, but wonderfully appointed. The bed is extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are a bit small as well, but again very well done. Location is perfect in downtown Portland, near PSU, with many restaurants and business in walking distance. I can't wait until I get to return again. Great job Hotel Modera!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed in the hotel for three nights and were thrilled. The staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are a bit small, but still really nice quiet and super clean. The location is perfect. You are steps from the free transit system and coffee shops. There is plenty of cheap street parking around the hotel if you choose not to park your car in the hotel underground.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

If you're into little boutique~y hotels you'll probably love this place but I wasn't blown away. I tried to check in early, but the front desk didn't seem particularly concerned with hooking me up with any sense of urgency. And nowhere to sit in the room except the office chair or the bed??? Otherwise, checked all the boxes.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank hidingbehindmyalias
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We value your business, and truly appreciate the positive review. I’m sorry we were not able to check you into a room before our check-in time of 4pm. Letting us know in advance that you would like to check in before our 4pm check in time, helps us better meet your needs for an early arrival.

Thanks again for staying at Hotel Modera. We hope to have you with us again in the future.

Desmond Mollendor
503.484.1084

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Hotel Modera will be my hotel of choice for Portland stays. The service and accomodations were top notch.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and loved it. It is located in a great part of Portland, a beautiful city. The rooms are small but the comfort makes up for this. The beds are truly magnificent and you will sleep well. Very, very clean with all amenities in the bathroom. It is very quiet for sleep and the staff is efficient and friendly. The light rail is available free through the city area. Great museum to visit and lots of restaurants close by. I will return. The only thing that may not fit your budget is if you have a car, it is valet parking only and it cost about $20.00 a day.

Room Tip: Get a room away from kitchen fans