“Ok”

Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Bend, Oregon
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Excellent location, tiny room, spotty wifi, which was the real deal breaker. $30 parking, noisy even on 5th floor. Did not feel like a 4 star experience... Even as I type, wifi in and out on I phone. I pad no better. Had a screaming deal, and mildly satisfied. I feel for those who pay retail.

• Stayed March 2014
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Rogue_00,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera on your recent trip to Portland. In today’s world we know that WiFi plays an important role, and our guests expect to log in and maneuver their gadgets with ease. I will bring this to the attention of my IT support and see if there is anything amiss.

In regards to parking, we know that this is a concern that other guests share and we have come up with the best parking deal in Portland exclusive for TripAdvisor users. We are offering Parking for $1 for those using the Special Offer link provided on our TripAdvisor listing.
We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Portland!

503-484-1070
amaffei@hotelmodera.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Korean first
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love the modern design of this hotel. It was really clean, and the staff were really nice. It's is in a very good location close to businesses and restaurants. The bed was quite comfortable. The elevator requires you to use an access card to go up to your rooms, which is an added security measure though some people might find it a little cumbersome.
I have 2 nitpicks about this hotel:
Minor nitpick - The toilet paper they use is terrible. They're super thin and not even perforated. For a 4-star hotel, I would have expected better tp!
Major issue - The walls are thin! The husband and I woke up around 3:30 am and had a hard time falling back to sleep because we could hear the people staying in the next room talking. They weren't yelling at each other. They were just talking loud enough for us to hear them through the wall.

I would love to stay at this hotel again, but the soundproofing needs to be addressed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DafnyV,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay! I am happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay, found the staff friendly, and the décor to your liking!

Thank you also for bringing to our attention your concerns about out toilet paper. We want every aspect of your stay to be enjoyable, and we will be reviewing this item and all of our in room amenities on a regular basis to make sure our guests are treated to the best.

While some people might consider the key feature in our elevator cumbersome, we feel that it is a security measure that allows our guests to feel at ease while staying away from home. Your comfort and security are our top priorities.

503-484-1070
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We received a gift certificate to stay here and so we choose to celebrate our anniversary this weekend there. Reservations and check in were very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the outside bar area and had both drinks and food - all very good. As others have mentioned room is a bit on the small side but that was not a problem - large windows made if feel very comfortable.
The problems we had were with housekeeping - and we are not particular people, in fact I have never written a review before, that said, the sheets were not on the bed correctly - corners of sheets were not on the corner of mattress so we had to remake the bed before we could sleep in it. Then as were were checking out I took a peek in the mini fridge - lots of leftover food containers from another reservation - DISGUSTING. Interestingly enough as were were walking out of our room the housekeepers were very busy chatting with each other - perhaps someone should be overseeing their work. Not sure I can recommend this hotel which is a shame since is has so much potential.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GLRH2014
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear GLRH2014,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Hotel Modera. I am very happy that you experienced a smooth and friendly check in, and that you were able to dine at Nel Centro.

I also want to thank you for bringing to my attention some issues about your stay. I will address your concerns and see if additional training is needed.

We want you to be able to recommend Hotel Modera to your friends and family, and want the opportunity to show you that your experience is a unique one. We want you to see the true quality that Hotel Modera is best known for. Please contact me when reserving your next stay as I would be happy to personally help with the details of your next reservation.

General Manger
503.484.1070
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Pricing was reasonable with the special tripadvisor $1 parking. Room was a bit small but not claustrophobic by any means. Had the door that covers the closet and then slides to cover the bathroom that others talked about, but it worked find. You should note that the bathroom door didn't look or shut as tight as some others if that's a concern. A couple of little things could have been better, i.e. bill was wrong, room wasn't ready but it was only about 1:00 pm, one bar of soap for shower and sink. But a solid four star stay. Would stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm happy that I found this chic little hotel through Hot Wire.
From check-in to check-out, the staff was friendly and efficient. We were initially given one bed for 3 people (I had reserved for 3 online), but they were able to correct the matter within minutes.
I didn't mind that the fitness centre was a couple blocks away, as it gave me time to get some fresh air into my lungs before my workout. I used the gym every day of our stay!
The walls were a little thin for my liking - on our last night, we heard a baby crying periodically through the night/early morning...
We didn't get a chance to try the dining room, because we already had a list of places to try out.
There are some food trucks right behind the hotel which were pretty good. We tried E-San Thai and Thai Pasta #2 - both very good.
I don't understand the review below complaining about the lack of mirror-on-a-stand... We had a family of 3 and we had plenty of opportunity to check ourselves out in the mirror, LOL!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good location. This is a second stay for us. We stayed four days this time. Happy hour in the restaurant was too busy to get service and not too polite when it came. Housekeeping made up room late in the afternoon which was inconvenient as we had already come back from a day out. Jonny gave excellent suggestions for local dining and made reservations for us. Comfortable rooms and decorated in a modern sleek style.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My daughter and I booked this room months in advance for my birthday. The front desk staff was awesome, along with the valet. The room was small, and the bathroom was horrible! The shower and toilet were one in the same. The floor of the entire bathroom was wet which is gross. And...there was no counter space in the bathroom. Two girls putting all of our makeup in the toilet sucked!

Then on my birthday we went to the bar at 11pm. We ordered drinks and the bartender made the wrong drink. He was nice about it, but then this female bartender, in what appeared to be work out clothing, came over to ask us if we wanted anything else. We ordered two more drinks. Then 5 minutes later, before midnight, the bartender turned all the lights on and announced they were closing and everyone needed to finish up. It was a full bar!! On a Friday night!

Don't stay here....ever!

1 Thank Mmurphyoh
Dear Mmurphyoh,

Happy Belated Birthday! I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with our front desk and valet staff. It’s always good to hear when a guest receives excellent customer service.

For your next reservation, I would like to recommend that you reserve on our website. There it lists all of our available room types including their amenities and special features.

While Nel Centro is not open as late as some other restaurants, we would be happy to offer recommendations for bars that offer late night hours. Please feel encouraged to speak to our concierge about the options that are best suited to your desired experience.

If you would like to speak to me about your recent stay, I would like to encourage you to reach me by phone or email, listed below.

503.484.1070