“Week end get away!”

Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Week end get away!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a great place to stay in the downtown area during the cities Rose Festival. It was within walking distance to the water front where the events were held. There are also many good resturants inthe local area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Foster City, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I checked in early and offered to wait until later when a room on the fifth floor would be ready. I was told they would hold it for me. When I returned later they had given it away and they lifted a hold on a room to give me one on the second floor. They compensated with a reduction in parking fee and offered to move me again the next day, ugh. I signed up for green (no maid) and they didn't have it on my bill so I had to request as I left.
Bright spots were pleasant staff, great location to walk around the city and the valet helped me puzzle my bags into my car when I left. Second floor over the restaurant on a Saturday was not great but on the street side would have been worse so net was ok.

Room Tip: Get higher floors if possible or discount on the lower floors if you are noise tolerant and/or force...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Jan B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Modera. We pride ourselves on our pleasant staff and our quick thinking valet team so I am pleased they were able to assist you. I hope while you stayed with us you got an opportunity to try our restaurant Nel Centro, Portland is known for being a culinary destination and Nel Centro doesn’t disappoint. Riviera inspired cuisine crafted with a Pacific North Western flair is available just downstairs or in your room through our in-room dining menu.
Best regards,

Andrew Maffei
amaffei@hotelmodera.com
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel. Great location for access to everything. Very clean, very busy, and very accommodating. I wasn't in town long enough to take advantage of the lounge or restaurant but I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Although the hotel was clean, updated, and beautiful, the thing that stood out most was how amazing all the staff is. Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge to the valets were always friendly and eager to help in any way. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Perfect location by PSU and walking distance to downtown restaurants, shopping and sites. This is an old Day's Inn but has been transformed into a hip urban oasis complete with fake fur throws and fire pits. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors if you are a light sleeper as noise from street could bother you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Woke up at 2:00 am with the temperature in the room at 85F. Thermostat was set at 68F. Tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. Got dressed and went down to the front desk and was told the whole hotel has a problem with the way the heating/cooling system works and that there have been a lot of complaints. I was given a fan and they suggested opening the window.. In the morning the shower would not work. For the trouble we were given a 10% discount. All in all a miserable experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank rvflyboy
RVflybov,
It does sound like your stay fell short of our expectations as well. By reading the majority of these TripAdvisor posts you can see that your experience was not typical for a guest at Hotel Modera. We will use your experience to further train our teams and address the needs of the building. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, please feel free to contact me at the information below so we can discuss in detail.

Andrew Maffei
amaffei@hotelmodera.com
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a really great hotel and I enjoyed my stay there a couple weeks ago. The staff were typical super nice Pacific Northwest types. Had dinner at the hotel the first night and the food was great , although the service was a little inconsistent.

The only small issue I had was that the parking was quite expensive at $30 per night...which I think was more than I was paying for my rental car per day which doesn't sound right. Anyway, this hotel was really close to a full 5 circles , just missing out by the smallest margin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business