“Neighborhood Gem!”

A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,811 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Cross street: SE Lambert St.
Transit: Several on 13th Street
Description: A Cena is Italian for come to supper. This is exactly what we are inviting you to do at A Cena Ristorante located right here in Portland. When you come to A Cena, you will instantly be transported to a small villa in Italy. We are committed to providing our guests with an experience that will not be quickly forgotten. At a Cena, we share a love for simply cooked meals enjoyed with friends and family. All of our dishes are made with fresh ingredients from local Portland area farmers. We also hand make all of our pastas and cured meats, and daily prepared breads. A Cena offers a robust, well-matched wine list for every meal along with a seasoned and personable staff. All of these elements combined allows us to offer our guests at a Cena a fine-dining experience with the comfort and warmth of an Italian country kitchen.
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We were here for a family dinner just as the restaurant opened for the evening. Friendly, gracious staff greeted us despite the fact that we were a little early and they weren't actually opened yet. During the summertime, tables spill out onto the sidewalk and must just about double their seating capabilities. This is tomato season, and the restaurant was focusing on those locally sourced beauties. The bruschetta was overflowing with gorgeous diced tomatoes. My husband and I split the grilled romaine with nuggets of crispy bacon deliciousness and blue cheese. Our table had the scallops, meatballs with spaghetti, lamb chops and I had the eggplant parm. I was having difficulty deciding between the pasta with a wine cream sauce and their homemade fennel sausage and the eggplant, but since I love eggplant parm and am too lazy to make it at home, I opted for that. Not disappointed in the least. House made mozzarella and a light, bright tomato sauce covered the top. Wine list goes on for days, but they also have a full bar. My only disappointment was that I didn't have room for dessert. We all left full and happy.

Eugene M, General Manager at A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi kinepeli it sounds like your group went through the menu choosing some wonderful items. I hope you got to taste a little bit of other dishes. Do not fret about missing dessert, there is always next time. (You could start with dessert)

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

For three people, we ordered 2 entrees and the side dish trio. The portions were ample and flavors wonderful. Some how, we also managed to share a Budino for dessert. Yum!!

Hi Dana Rene. Thank you for your visit and your kind works. We hope you’ll come back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Came here with a party of six. Our waitress seemed to be in a hurry to take our orders and wasn’t very friendly. The manager came around to see how we were doing and when we asked for some bread, he said “we don’t serve garlic bread here,” we did get some homemade bread served cornbread style, which was very good, in fact probably the best thing we ordered from there. I got the caprese salad and signature lobster marscapone and corn ravioli, which was good, but not memorable great for a signature dish, my husband ordered the sausage pizza, which he said was soggy. Food is pricey, service memorable for what it wasn’t and we will not be coming back anytime soon.

Eugene M, Guest Relations Manager at A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

hello Celeste
We try at a Cena to provide our guests with a memorable evening with good food and society. We would like our guests to relax and let us take care of everything. We have fallen short of that goal with you and your guests but we appreciate your visit. If you should decide to return to a Cena, we would like to show you that we are able and willing to create that memorable evening that I know we can deliver..

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We visited this quaint location in early August on a Fri night. In our group was of foodies was a sufferer of Celiac that required a GF meal. That person said it was by far the best GF meal they had been served in a restaurant. On top of that and more importantly, my meal and my son's meals were over the top. Great tastes, portions, service everything was a total dining experience that exceeded our expectations. If you do happen to leave room for dessert, have the Affigato!! OMG....☺

1  Thank AuctionGuy44
Eugene M, Public Relations Manager at A Cena Ristorante y Enoteca, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi auction guy
Thank you for your kind words,.a Cena tried to make all welcome and I will share with the team and with chef your glowing review
We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 6 August 2018

As a lover of Italian food, I was delighted to dine at A Cena last night with my relatives who live in Portland. The lobster agnolotti was incredibly rich and delicious! We also had the casa salad, caprese salad, scallops with chanterelles and the riggetoni. All were top notch. For dessert, we had two sorbettos and the buddino was amazing.

1  Thank Linda F