I stayed at this hotel in april 2014 in a 2 bedroomed suite.
The room itself was excellent. A living area flanked by two separate bedrooms ensuite (436 the room number)
The location is perfect with restaurants and bars within easy reach.
The room was a bit pricey at 900 dollars for two nights...so surprised parking and wifi were not included.
A couple of things that could be made a lot better.
1. The pool and spa area needs better maintenance...the sauna was cold and so too was the pool and the jets in the tubs didn't work. also there's no changing area down there.
2. The dining room needs updating and the breakfast was poor that morning. I think redecoration and new menu would really help. I wouldn't eat at the hotel.
If you are looking for somewhere good to eat try Mothers bistro (2 blocks away)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Portland, the Historic Embassy Suites Portland -Downtown features large two-room guest suites and a well-known foyer adorned in grandeur and architectural beauty. Built in 1912, the building combines it's original classic style and features along with modern comfort. The hotel is within walking distance of tax-free shopping, restaurants, nightlife, Portland’s revered Voo-Doo doughnuts and Powell’s books. The hotel also offers a luxurious Jacuzzi and Indoor pool for you to warm up to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel Portland
- Portland Embassy Suites