“Great place in downtown if your here to shop”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

So I wanted to be near downtown. It took about 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. Parking is across the street in a regular parking garage. The staff has been polite and efficient. The room is a decent size. Not the biggest rooms I have been in for an Embassy suites. My window views face the other rooms. So we are window to window, not expected when you are a diamond status guest right? Oh well. I'm here for one night. Walking distance to the mall, Nordstrom's, and tons of restaurants and cafe's. I felt very safe walking around downtown during the day and through early evening. The room is clean. Not a bad area of downtown. Bed is comfortable. Walls are kind of thin. I have heard babies crying in the room next door. I have not heard hallway noise however. I also have not eaten here. I went to local haunts instead.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer H
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

JenniferH, thank you for commenting on your stay, we are a historic property and when the hotel was opened in 1912 one of the selling points was “every room has an outside view”. The views are very different today as you know! Please come back and visit us soon and luckily the minor hiccup of the view didn’t ruin what sounds like a nice stay. We hope to see you again!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a quick in and out stay but it was such fun to "Experience the Past in the Luxury of Today!" Make sure to experience the food trucks, great Mexican food at Villanueva's truck , just block away behind the hotel, then come back and cozy up in the beauty of the hotel. Walk around to see the ballroom hallways and appreciate the past.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

TerryM, what such lovely words you have written! Thank you so much! See you again very soon I hope!!!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed for two nights for a work trip (with, as always, a government rate booking) and found this to be a great choice. I'd bring my family here for a stay, although this particular part of downtown Portland at night doesn't really offer anything special. The service was really fantastic - easy check-in and silver Hilton auto-upgrade to a nice suite. The rooms are very clean and updated as possible for an older hotel. The happy hour and breakfast choices are nice free additions. I have no complaints about the hotel at all and will add it to the near top of my list for first-choice business accommodations. I like the freebies and having a lot of space in the room. The main Hilton downtown, for example, doesn't do anything free for silver status and the rooms are like postage stamps.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

LolaWally, I hope you do bring your family here soon because Portland does offer many family-friendly evening activities. And I am happy to hear we are on our list and hope you allow us to try to make #1! Thank you for the comments!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just stayed 3 nights with a large group of family members for my son's college graduation. We all had a wonderful time. The kids loved the indoor pool, adults loved the happy hour and everyone enjoyed the breakfast and close proximity to Voodoo Doughnuts. Downtown, food carts, the river, and several other attractions are in walking distance.
Our corner room was beyond huge! I am sure we were upgraded, because we have stayed in the hotel before and never had such a big suite.
We held a dinner party in the wine cellar room and the hotel did not disappoint. The food (all vegan upon our request) was delish and presented so beautifully.
We will be returning soon I hope!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

MindiB, we had a wonderful time with your family’s graduation and are so happy you stayed with us. Please visit us again soon and explore more of the sights! Congratulations again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

we come to Portland at least once a ear and we always stay here, the staff is very friendly and helpful, The rooms are always clean and quiet, the free breakfast is awesome!!The hotel is located close to everything.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

LarryW, thank you for the repeat stays!! We always look forward to your visits and hope it happens more than just annually! See you soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

4 of us spent 4 nights in Portland at the Embassy Suites and we had a fantastic time. Staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities were good. The breakfast was excellent and evening drinks were good value with a couple of craft beers on tap!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

PaulD, I am so happy you had a great stay in Portland with us and hope the next visit will be even more fun!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We reserved a room online and requested a roll away and for the pull out sofa to be made for us, upon arrival, since we were watching the blazer game with our kids and wouldn't be arriving until late. My husband then called on the way to Portland, to ensure that the requests were saw and able to be met. The receptionist confirmed the request and said it would be a problem. We arrived around 11pm, (after the game) when I went to check in the front desk person quoted back the requests and said it should be all set, if not give us a call. IT WAS NOT DONE. NO ROLL AWAY, NO BED PULLED OUT OR MADE. We had to request more towels and more shampoo and conditioner, we had 4 people in the room and only 3 towels and 1 little shampoo and conditioner were in the room.
On top of all that the Bathtub!!!- The bathtub DID NOT DRAIN, so we all had to wait in dirty water while taking showers, gross!
Why have an option for requests if they are just ignored? We have stayed here many times and this was not a good visit and I will rethink bringing my family here on our next stay.

Room Tip: MAKE SURE they honor and see your special requests. Breakfast was great!
1  Thank Vsb7victoria

Victoria, please make sure you contact us directly so we may improve upon your stay. We are so sorry about your stay was less than perfect and we hope to see you again soon!