“Pleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jackson, United States
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked two suites for family to attend a graduation ceremony in Portlalnd Oregon. The front staff had no difficulty booking the two rooms side by side and was fast and efficient when doing it. The location was perfect for our stay, the breakfast a HUGE plus, the suites nice and large, the beds plenty comfy. I will stay at this hotel again when visiting Portland, and will look for other Embassy Suite hotels in other cities for future stays.

2 Thank Marjorie D
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
First, congratulations to the graduate, Marjorie, and thank you for staying with us. We hope we have spoiled you for staying with the Embassy Brand because our location, the Multnomah Hotel, was built in 1912 and is one of two historic properties in the Family. We look forward to seeing your family again in the future!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been a Hilton Honors member for awhile and had enough points saved up to splurge on a suite for two days. When I arrived they upgraded me to a corner suite, which was nice, and also pointed out that the Rose Festival might impact my travel plans (since they knew I was checking out on Saturday morning, the day of the parade; I like this kind of attention and knowledge). I also needed a toothbrush and shampoo (I had two conditioners in the room but no shampoo) and they provided both quickly. The on-site breakfast was very good, much better than the standard continental fare, and had a good variety both days. Their hotel restaurant Portland Prime was also very good (reviewed separately). The room itself was very clean, very spacious, and had a neat view of a portion of downtown. It was also very conveniently located, within walking distance of most of Portland's immediate attractions and the AMTRAK station. If I were to travel to Portland again I would seriously consider staying again, depending on my financial situation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tklempan
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Tklempan, thank you for your nice review. We always like to hear feedback when we have done something positive and I will make sure to pass on your comments to the correct departments. Hopefully next year you will be able to stay longer and see the Rose Festival Parade; it’s quite a treat! Thank you for your visit and we’ll see you soon!
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location downtown is very convenient. The suite we had was spacious. The happy hour from 5:30 - 7:30 each day was a nice extra - free beer, wine and cocktails of decent quality. The free breakfast was ok, but the stations were scattered all over the place. The housekeeping left a little to be desired. The bathroom exhaust actually supplies air to the room.

1 Thank Joe H
Thank you for posting about our hotel, Joe! We hope you will stay with us again so we may Make It Right and you will have a perfect visit! Thank you!!
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Not my first time there. Very friendly staff with great service. Comfortable bed in spacious suit. You have to improve the breakfast ambience. Despite the great Omelets, the cellar is really depressing

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex M
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Alex, thank you for reviewing our hotel and I understand your thoughts on the Arcadian Garden Room. It is a bit dark and we are hoping to update it soon. Maybe on your next visit we will be able to "WOW" you!! :)
Portland, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Portland's Embassy Suites is Excellent in every regard and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the city. I won't stay anywhere else when I return! The helpfulness of the staff was outstanding and the check in process was smooth and easy. Immediately upon arriving they made me feel right at home, and was welcomed into the beautiful and classy lobby area. Upon arrival to my room I was struck right away by the cleanliness and excellent layout of my suite. The bedroom was fantastic, with high end pillows and high thread count sheets, it made for extremely comfortable sleeping conditions, and the blackout curtains we perfect for this time of year in the Northwest. Sun is up early and down late. The location of the hotel was outstanding as well, with excellent bars and restaurants well within walking distance. The hotel bar had a great happy hour menu, and the evening reception served free drinks and light food items, which is a great added benefit. In the end, again, I won't stay anywhere else when I return to Portland!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Eric H
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Eric it is such a treat to have you as one of our regular guests! Thank you for your kind words and I will pass them along to the Team. We finished redecorating the rooms in February and I am so glad you found them comfortable and accommodating. Please make sure you call us directly for your next stay and we shall see you soon! Thanks again!
Eugene, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Embassy Suites on 3rd and Pine is our favorite place to stay in Portland. It has a great vintage look while being well maintained at the same time. Staff and service are always great and my daughter loves the pool. We came right in the middle of the Rose Festival and service was still impeccable.

2 Thank Lianne G
Lianne, how wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy the pool AND Rose Fest! There is so much to do and see in those three weeks and I can't wait for you to come back and have many more adventures! See you soon!
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Truly a beautiful, historic hotel just across from the famed Voodoo Donuts (which we didn't try, but everyone else in Oregon did!). A perfect location for our explorations with many venues within walking distance and/or easy access to freeways.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank James D
Thank you, James, for taking the time to review our "historic beauty"! We hope you will stay with us again (and eat at VooDoo then walk it all off!!) :)