Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
US$299
US$275
US$229
2,443 results
All reviewsvoodoo donutssaturday marketevening receptionomelet barhomeless peoplemade to order omeletscorner suitecomplimentary breakfasthappy hourself parkliving roomwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelstumptown coffeebeautiful lobbymorning breakfastindoor pool
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Needed a room in a busy week in the city, and everyone from the Valet to the Frontdesk was SUPER NICE and HELPFUL with any of our questions. Even got to see the filming of the show "GRIMM". Highly Recommended to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Barno, I am so happy you were here with us to see the Grand Lady of Fourth Avenue brought back to life as the once famous Multnomah Hotel for the day!! It was such a treat to having the filming on our property and I am so glad you were able to enjoy the organized chaos. Make sure to watch later this fall to see if you are in the background shots! And I will make sure to pass along the kind comments about the Front Desk. Thank you for the review and see you on the small screen!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stay here when you visit Portland. You can reach many destinations by foot or easily access public transportation. There's great food right outside the door: Stumptown Coffee and VooDoo Donuts to mention just two.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Sara, thank you for taking the time to review us online and saying such nice things. I hope you return to us soon and will find many more places to eat and explore!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I arrived at this hotel at 3:45 p.m., 45 minutes past check-in time. My room wasn’t ready, so I waited for the receptionist to hear back from cleaning that my room was ready. at about 4:15, I was told that my room was ready. There was never an apology given to me about the wait. The room I was put in was one with a big board room table and the elevated bed area. The air conditioner in the room was horrifically loud. It began to give me a headache it was so loud. That, paired with the room from a banquet hall next door, was enough for me to ask for another room. I went back downstairs and told the front desk supervisor that the room was far too loud and that I needed to be relocated. Again, no apology or show of sympathy. It was clear I was a pain to her. She ended up moving me to the top floor of the hotel, which is much quieter since the AC unit is in the living room and the bed area has a door that blocks out most noise. However, the AC unit is still very loud when you’re in the living area. I had to turn it off to speak on the phone for an important teleconference. The tub is shallow and the toilet paper is extremely thin single ply. The room is very small compared to most Embassy Suites rooms I’ve been in, even those in big cities. The walls are pretty thin and the water lines are very loud. Your neighbor showering is enough to wake you and you hear all your neighbors conversations. The beds are clean and relatively comfy. The reception area the night I stayed was in a weird little tiny room with flickering fluorescent lights. The bartender was very nice and helpful, but it was obvious he thought the area he was in was sub par. The snacks, like the room, were mediocre. I went to the restaurant that was accessible from the lobby, called Portland Prime, and the food there was excellent, but overpriced. The decor in the lobby looks classy on the surface but is harshly worn and looks dated and well used when examined closely. The same goes for the filthy windows in the rooms that were cracked with peeling paint on the old exterior panels. The tiles in the shower were mismatched where they had been poorly replaced and the shower head was full of gunk and water was shooting sporadically from the different nozzles. The walls in my room had stains and marks, and the sofa was old and saggy. The phone speed dial buttons did not work at all. Breakfast was mediocre, with all the food spread out everywhere so it was hard to find anything to eat. Upon checkout, they tried to charge me $15 extra for a room I didn't stay in. The lady at the front desk removed that charge but didn't apologize for the confusion. I’ve been using Hilton hotel chains almost exclusively, and this hotel simply doesn’t measure up to the rest of my experiences. The careless staff and the age of the hotel show up very clearly around every corner. I don’t know why this hotel got such high ratings, but I couldn’t see the redeeming factors. As much as I was looking forward to my stay, I looked forward even more to returning home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben K
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I am sorry to hear about your stay with us, Ben. I hope you will contact us off line so we may Make It Right for you. Please come back and visit us again and feel free to reach out to us personally to arrange your stay. Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I thought the room was very small and the bed and pillows were uncomfortable for a Hilton facility. I would recommend people stay elsewhere. Yes it is close to nice restaurants and night life but not worth the cost.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Gevan M

Gevan, I am sorry your stay was less than wonderful and please let us know how we may Make It Right for you. We are a unique property for Hilton Worldwide as we are in a building on the National Historic Register and it has seen Portland grow up around it. Please contact us if you would like and we hope you will give us another try sometime. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I've never been one to desire a stay in a historical hotel. However, this place was an exception. Beautiful decor from the lobby to the rooms, clean, and quiet.

My travel mate missed her 1st night in due to weather and even though we booked through Hotwire, the hotel worked for us to get a FULL refund on her 1st night. Additionally, I asked for her room to be moved next to mine (better view) and they accommodated. EXCELLENT customer service!

The breakfast in the basement was wonderful, just as you'd expect in any Embassy Suites w/a few exceptions. The cranberry orange muffin was the BEST and level of tartness was perfect. There's a nice water fountain in the middle of the eating area, so if you get down there early enough, sit by it for extra relaxation. Also, the breakfast area was very open and spacious, so you had more than plenty of room between you/those around you!

Location offered easy access to most places. Yes, it's near the area serving the homeless. If you're not comfortable w/walking near there, you can walk-around options for anywhere you'd like to go are available!

Room Tip: Ask them not to put you in a studio or a room w/views of the top of other buildings/their plumbing/pipes!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a glowing review, Makai, it sounds like we may have changed your mind about historic properties! We do pride ourselves on being the former Multnomah Hotel (which operated from 1912-1963) and we are so happy when guests can fall back into the lost art of comfort and elegance. The fountain in the breakfast area (the Arcadian Garden Room) is in the location of the original fountain from the early 1920’s (but we had to make it smaller once the room was reinforced per updated building codes) and the lobby still shines like it did 102 years ago. I will pass on your kind words about the front desk staff who helped you and I hope you will stay us again soon!! Thank you again!!