Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sentinel(Portland)
US$226
US$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$219
US$230
US$206
Travelocity
2,430 results
All reviewsvoodoo donutssaturday marketevening receptionomelet barhomeless peoplemade to order omeletscorner suitecomplimentary breakfasthappy hourself parkliving roomwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelstumptown coffeebeautiful lobbymorning breakfastindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We rode the train from Tacoma,Wa to Portland for a few days and choose this hotel because it was near the train station. We really loved the location it was easy access to all of downtown and the river front. Another plus is the wonderful free breakfast. This hotel is beautiful and the staff are eager to help in anyway. Will stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Spent four nights at this location and couldn't have asked for more. Stayed in a two-room suite which was spotless with comfortable furniture. The facility was originally a private hotel (near 100 yrs old) and was bought and revamped by Hilton. Nice bar/restaurant with happy hour specials. Hotel location puts you in walking distance to many restaurants, pubs, retail stores, etc. as well as the local high speed trolley. Definitely a winner!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Howard S
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Was in Portland for our daughter's college graduation; other family members also stayed here because of past experience with Embassy Suites hotels.
Beautiful old, restored hotel. Very clean-housekeeping very attentive.
Service at lobby desk ok. Good business center.
Valet parking service SUPER and very friendly.
We had a huge corner room, no noise problems. Nice sitting area, bar area with fridge, beds were comfy with lots of pillows. Bathroom roomy, good shower, again-very clean.
Pricier than some other downtown hotels, but consider the excellent breakfast and free drinks at the manager's reception.
Location ok-walk to Saturday market, waterfront park, nice coffeshop, Irish pub. Had one person of limited mobility, so not as convenient as some other places would have been. Couple of blocks to MAX stop, though. Didn't eat at their restaurant, so can't comment on that.
Best: Beautiful, great valet parking staff and housekeeping staff, free breakfast and afternoon drinks.
Least: Expensive parking, location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
EmbassySuitesHotel69, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Comments like yours really substantiates the efforts and love our team puts into their jobs to please our guests.
We hope to see you in a near future. Also feel free to contact me directly if I can help with reservations at gorana.tifekchian@hilton.com

Reviewed 11 May 2010

Great decor. Spacious rooms. Good managers reception. Great breakfast. Cool pool.
On the other hand, self parking is a rip-off. No ":in and out" rate. You check in and go to dinner 3 hours later and it costs you $18. Park overnight and it is another $18.
They used to offer self parking at a flat rate per day. No more.

I had been there 3 times in the past. I won't go back unless they change their parking rates.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macmacpherson
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I recently stayed here during a two day business meeting at the hotel. I took the redline from the airport to a stop about 2 blocks away for a paltry $2.60! That beats a $40 cab ride any day. The trip time was about 35 minutes.

Check in was simple and I was there in time for the manager's reception in the lower level from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. That's one thing I love about the Embassy Suites...free beer and drinks for two hours every night!

The room I stayed in was a single king bed suite. It had a sitting room upon entering the room, but to be honest I never sat in there or watched the flat screen tv that was in there. Outside the bedroom was a small desk/chair and lamp for working on your computer. The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable. One thing I found odd was that there was no dresser in the bedroom, but there was one in the sitting room. The walls seemed pretty thin as I could hear conversations of nearby rooms inside my room or when walking down the hall.

The bathroom had a very spacious counter top and was supplied with soap, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizing lotion. Shower was nice with decent water pressure and easy hot/cold controls. One thing I did notice was the tub drained very slow. I take quick showers (under 3 minutes) and by the time I shut the water off, I had water up to the top of my feet.

The hotel offers a breakfast bar every morning that has a nice assortment of the usual breakfast items including made to order omelets.

The business area was located off the lobby and had very nice accommodations. The hotel does offer wireless internet service. The group I was with negotiated that into our stay so I'm not sure what the standard daily fee is.

One area I can't speak to much knowledge about is the location of this hotel. Not being familiar with the Portland area I had no idea if this was considered a decent part of the City. I will say that there were a lot of homeless people wandering about within the few blocks near the hotel and I encountered countless bums asking if they could have 50 cents for a beer. Not the kind of scenery I'd like to subject a family to, but not a big deal when I'm alone.

There is a steakhouse called Kincaids attached to the hotel. I did dine there one evening and found the food to be good. Expect to pay $30+ for a steak. Odd though that there were only 5 people in the entire restaurant.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business