“Great location friendly staff”

Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #33 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the Hotel Rose. It is in a great location for walking, riding and it is 2 blocks from freeway access. ( very little traffic noise)
The room was nice ( sheets could be updated) and the staff was great. Free bikes were a great perk and Portland is a very safe and easy place to ride in. My wife had not been on a bike for years and she had know problem riding the cruiser bikes that were provided.
From this location we were able to walk up to the rose gardens in Washington Park and basically cover all of downtown easily. With the bikes we were able to cross the river and check out Hawthorne Street and some of the other neat neighborhoods. With the car we had easy access to the different highways so we could visit some of the areas that were a limitless further away.
I will stay here again the next time I am in Portland.

RPS in Burnaby

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rob S
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good afternoon Rob S,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. I believe the phrase is "location, location, location". We think we have the best and it sounds like you would agree. I'm happy you enjoyed our bikes and found the cruiser style easy to handle. Hopefully the next time you are here you will have the time to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. It's fantastic!
Thank you Rob S. We hope you return soon.
Terry Hanley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic location. Stayed July 31 to August 2, 2014. Amazing beds. Great a/c. Fantastic bar staff downstairs. Best location in Portland. Free bike rentals. Friendly helpful staff. Noon checkout. A bit pricey but everything is in Portland. Easy free hotel parking. Choose this hotel. Seriously. We travel a lot and this is one of our favourites after one stay! We will be back to Portland and we will only stay here. More adult oriented as no pool type area but right on the river walkway and close to two spray parks for the kids. Summer obviously.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor river view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pandem

Good afternoon pandem,
Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Rose. We truly do appreciate your feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed some of our best amenites like our staff, bed, bikes, and location. I'm so pleased you had a chance to try our restaurant and bar, Bottle + Kitchen. We think it's amazing as well!
Thank you pandem. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It is so easy to get to the hotel by the Max rail both green and red, depending on whether you come by train or plane. In another word, getting back to the airport is not a problem at all.
I have been looking at this hotel lots of time but the regular price is a bit too high for me. Finally I booked through the secret deal from a website and got this one!!
All the photos by the hotel show the real things so no need to worry. The room was clean and I found all the necessities I needed. They even use a brand name toiletries and the quality was good. Bottles of water are provided and it shows they are very considerate.
However I find the bathroom is slightly to the small side.
Staffs are very polite and helpful, even the housekeeping ones.
If I go to Portland again, I would love to stay there cause you can reach a lot of places on foot.

Room Tip: Rooms with bigger even numbers face the Morrison Street and can see a bit of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank hollyH517
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Good evening hollyH517,
Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to hear our location and proximity to our light rail transit system MAX worked out so well for you. Our location is ideal for those who chose not to drive. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our hospitality team members and liked our guest rooms with Tommy Bahama bath amenities. It's a very nice product.
Thank you hollyH517. Please come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel was comfortable, with all the needed amenities. Staff was friendly and we felt at home. Nice location right in downtown and we could walk everywhere. Requested a quiet room and they did their best to accommodate. The hotel is next to some high traffic spots, but overall especially at night the noise was less (although I did wear ear plugs, because in the AM the traffic does get loud early). We were able to score a good deal for this place on Hotwire, while in Portland I looked at the price online and was shocked to see that it was priced at 300 dollars a night. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for that price, but for the price we got through Hotwire I would definitely recommend a stay here. Just request a quieter room away from the train!

Room Tip: Request a quieter room, away from the trains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaSoMaCa

Good evening NaSoMaCa,
Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Rose. It's always rewarding for us to hear that you enjoyed our team of professionals that looked after you. We take great pride in these individuals so "thank you". It was good to hear you found value with your reservation and that the bustle of the city did not interfere with your visit. We appreciate you letting us be your home away from home while visiting Portland. We hope your travels has you returning very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is home away from home except that you get a doorman included! The service at this hotel was exceptional. The moment you arrive you are treated as special guests. The rooms are modern and comfortable; there are bicycles to borrow to access the river walk area just outside the front door! The bar served their special concoctions! We did not eat at the restaurant because of our schedules, so I cannot speak to that, but there is alternative eating options just outside the front door! The hotel is located just 1 1/2 blocks from the light rail so you don't need a car to get around! We were there for a wedding and our registration clerk, Mitchell, became a part of our party and enjoyed the wedding and social activities on his day off with us just like family!

Room Tip: You are on the light rail line, so all rooms might be a little noisy at times, so a east facing room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon Nancy H,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Hotel Rose. I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed it! I will share your comments regarding your interactions with Mitchell and our Pineapple People at the front door. Thank you! It was also nice that you had some time to enjoy our convenient location, complimentary bikes, and the creations from our mixologists in our bar. Our new restaurant and bar Bottle + Kitchen has fantastic culinary delights so we hope you are able to return soon to give them a try.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great location for the Brewfest, the river, restaurants and people watching. The staff was very nice. The valet staff was particularly nice and helpful. The room had a magnificent view of the river and the mountain. Bed was comfy!!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the river and we could see the mountain, however, starting very early Sunday morning...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HubbaHoff615

Good afternoon Michelle615,
Thank you for your nice comments from your recent stay at our hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our team of hospitality professionals, great location, and super comfortable beds. You can't beat our location when it comes to Brew Fest or any of the other fun activities that take place in the park over the summer! We hope your travels have you returning to Portland and Hotel Rose very soon.
Thank you Michelle615.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

we used 2 rooms for 3 persons and have been received as kings.
Clean rooms with efficient working bathrooms (showers) made our stay a pleasure.
From here we did visit some nice spots in Portland, like the Washington park with its Rosegarden and Japanese garden.
With the Blue metroline from the hotel it was a short distance to cover

• Stayed: July 2014

Good afternoon Judejudy,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Calib in our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen, along with Mitchell from our front desk. I will pass your comments on to them personally. I was disappointed to hear that your reservation experience did not go well and have passed your comments on to our reservation manager. Please accept my apology.
It was also nice to hear you liked our newly renovated lobby and restaurant. It was completed in early June and we have more fun improvements scheduled in the fall.
Thank you Judejudy. We hope to see you back very soon.